Author Topic: On Stage!  (Read 3724 times)

Offline MrBlobby

On Stage!
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:06:08 PM »
OK - Im an unfit, old fat bloke who does a bit of singing and AmDram.. who's been persuaded that I can master this (plus singing/acting) in the musical Scrooge (January2010) - I will be performing as the Ghost of Christmas Past on the Powerbocks I've just ordered. (OMG!)

If there's anyone near Bournemouth with plenty of patience wants to take me under their wing or pass me any tips that would be greatly appreciated...

Have read the forum and will keep dropping in from Time to time.

Have I bitten off more than I can chew ??????

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: On Stage!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 06:03:58 PM »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 07:16:21 PM »
Damn !!!!!! I dont live NEAR Bournemouth .....only 'in it' :Claugh:

Im sure we can sort u out

ooo I dont suppose u fancy a game of basketball on um in ooo just over 2 weeks?  just a thought

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 07:53:08 PM »
Lol, Q already asking :p
Ive just sent a text through Riser Raptors and only 1 might be able to (ben)

DC

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »
I wonder why they told you to wear jumping stilts instead of regular ones.
I picture the ghost of Christmas past as an intimidating, slow-moving, solid
tomb stone-like chracter... Bocks are near impossible to stand still on.

But if you've bought them with your own money I'm glad they did talk you into bocks,
because they're way more fun!
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 08:37:56 PM »
Well  the 'noises off' of bouncing would be intimidating , whilst the constant shuffling on hooves might give an appearance of 'age'

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »
and youd look more like the terminator than a ghost :p
DC

Offline MrBlobby

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 10:01:13 PM »
Me looking like the Terminator would be a neat feat !

I have to do a fair bit of standing around in the show (i'm told I can have a staff...) but basically I'll be the jolly guy dancing / drinking / eating etc...
I dont expect to get airborne though !
Getting on from backstage is going to be difficult enough...

I havent set up my bocks yet, but this weekend i expect to start teetering... (OMG what have I done?????) Medic!
 :Csmile:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 09:18:58 PM »
You might not expect to get airbourn  :Claugh: but it's very easy even when you don't want to

My advice would be to hook up with a local group as quick as you can as you will learn much quicker (about 10 times as fast)

Good luck

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: