Author Topic: Confusedd :S  (Read 2824 times)

Offline ricochet

Confusedd :S
« on: October 29, 2009, 02:02:19 PM »
Hi all, im new to pjforum and to bocking, i was just wondering if you guys have any recommendations to what to buy, poweriSers, Powerizers, Power skips, etc. There are so many to choose from, what are the differences between them all?
Thanks  :Csmile:
Ricochet 'cos when i fall, i bounce :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Confusedd :S
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:35:28 PM »
Sprog is the man for this but I will try to give you some idea. There are some brands selling the same type of stilts but at different prices and stuff. So it might seem a little complicated at first. And to some extent more money doesn't mean better bocks. And what is your budget?

PoweriSers cost £200 (come with cuffs and upgraded bindings). They are made in korea. The springs are stiffer on these compared to other stilts. Parts are probably harder to get hold of than other stilts. I don't know much about them. The hoofs probably last a bit longer than they do on projumps.

The stilts I'm about to describe are all from the same factory. They are identical, apart from any branding. It's only prices that vary.

PoweriZers are not called poweriZers any more. Any poweriZers are old stock. They have been rebranded as flyjumpers. Prices vary between £150-£200 for the basic model without cuffs or upgraded bindings. There is no point in buying this brand.

Projumps are £135 for the basic model or £169 for the model with cuffs and upgraded bindings. They also have a great customer service.

Projumps are great first stilts. Great price. Great service. The springs are quite easy to master and the frames last really well to if you look after them. If your budget is under £200 projumps are probably your best option. Don't look at flyjumpers because they are more expensive and dont have the great customer service. There is nothing amazing about powerisers to make them the right choice. Projumps ;)

If you have more money to spend you might look at 7's. These do have different springs. They are easier to compress but are not for everybody. The price recently went up to £300. I don't think the possible benefits of the stilts are worth the extra money but many people love the springs. The frames weigh more than projumps or powerisers.

Powerskips are for pros. They cost like £700 or something silly. Awesome springs and light frames but only worth it if you are dedicated to the sport.

:spudT:

Offline ricochet

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 02:40:54 PM »
Thankyou so much spud :-) sounds like the pro jumps it is then, i was thinking around the £150-£200 mark so that would be spot on! You say they have upgraded cuffs? Is it worth the extra money?
Thanks

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 02:59:14 PM »
Yeah. Makes them more comfortable and secure. I love them. Some people prefer the knee bar but I think it's because it's what they are used to. Very good upgrade. Make sure you have enough money to buy some pads tho, especially wristguards ;)

Offline ricochet

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 03:15:01 PM »
Yeah i have wristguards already from snowboarding, i know of wrist injuries ouchh. I think i shall be going for the upgraded projumps then :-) does bocking use the same muscles as trampolining? I am on the trampoline an awful lot, i dont think it is the same technique though,
Thanks

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 03:27:29 PM »
Doing trampolining will help you loads. But the technique is different. To get good height on bocks needs for you to really slam your feet into the ground. It's quite tiring at first and some muscles in your back might ache because of the different muscles used. being able to flip on the trampo will help when you get the basics of bocking down and learn flips.

I would get some knee pads too ;)

:spudT:

Offline ricochet

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 03:50:17 PM »
Thankyou for all your help spud, yeah i will make sure i have plenty of protection, dont want any injuries  :Csmile:
Well i can do flips on trampoline, backflips are a bit procarious, but managable  :Cwink:
I am going to spend a week at least making sure i can walk/jog before i even attampt any jumping ahaa
Again thanks spud,