Author Topic: lozzi  (Read 9556 times)

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
lozzi
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »
lozzi

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1817

Q's (Bbmthbloke)- photos ain't they great =-)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: lozzi
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 08:53:54 PM »
well I think that other guys pix of the same scene were way better.  But wot WAs fab, was a/ cos i wAS on stilts i could strut about in front of the public taking their pix, taking my own b/ could, fraid to say, order u peeps about to get these 'tableau'

But isnt it a wow that peeps got out of our way. lets face it, jason in his theatrical lil way just lead us on from Westminster Bridge to here, the main plaza of Covent Garden at wot, 1930-2000 on a Saturday nite. Peeps got out of the way and those really GOOD pix r just WOW! Id just like a couple back that actually show , and dont hide, the stilts :o)

But  this pix, suitably edited  couldnt u see it in a stained glass window?

OOO an a lil fact for folks. The headpiece actually contains a small electrically powered fan to cool the wearer down!  THis  is known cos when it was taken off, for a rest, and handed over lynch to hold, the guy abcentmindedly placed a hand inside the head....un got fingers 'nipped' by the blades!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 09:21:51 PM »
Your Pix are superb Q and I love them all

I did notice your Cecil.B.Demill style directing  :Claugh: and followed every golden word of it (not bad concidering I was half deaf as well as blind  :Cbiggrin:)

To add to the fan saga I was later not sure if it was on and couldn't find the switch so I stuck my tongue and it was on  :Claugh: that still hurt the next day  :Cbiggrin:

Moi theatrical never  :Claugh:

And yes a stained glass window would look good (now wheres that book on stained glass windows  :Claugh:) Yes I do have one somewhere  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 10:33:26 PM »
Awesome costume Jason :D you deserve to win the comp, and awesome pic Q, you are getting better (maybe you get better with camera's with age :P)
I wanna come Halloween next year just to see that costume Jason :P

DC

Offline adamessex

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 06:22:48 PM »
I have to ask jason how much did it cost you to put your costume together?? how much of it did you fabricate yourself?
falling is proof your trying

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 06:56:36 PM »
Yeh Jason, Fantastic! Do you work for the BBC on Dr Who or something? Amazing! I want one. How much did you make yourself? :-0

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 08:24:02 PM »
what a epic night

i love who the thred is named after me lol but jason was the star of the show on saterday :)

xx
lozzi
xx

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 11:33:30 PM »
So many people asked me where I bought the costume on the night and then when I said I had made it wouldn't believe me  :Claugh:

I made all of it except the bocks (and I did make the moving feet on them  :Cbiggrin:)

The first serious costume I made was for last years halloween (Did a few bits for a raft race a few years ago swords/bows/hats etc) some of you may have seen my death costume last year

I got such a good feedback from the public (so did Clive) that first year that I started working on this years costume 3 weeks after last year

The wings frames are made from a length of dowel and some ally poles I found in the rubbish at work some black table cloths a that were being thrown away about 4 years ago (I am a really bad hoarder  :Claugh:) and a length of mig stainless welding wire (again from the bins)

They were mounted on an old rucksack that had seem better days (about 14 years old) and a bit of plywood

The breastplate and trousers were made from a large mat that the local Horse feed shop sells (£20 for a bit 4ft x 6ft x1" thick) I cut it with an old carving knife (again rescued from a bin) and a few wood templates

I hand cut all the scales (yes they were individual) then chared them with a blowtorch and then sewed them onto a pair of tracksuit bottoms (don't ask how long that took  :Claugh:)
Same with the breastplate just bigger bits of the foam mat
All the horns were made from the foam burned and cut to shape and painted with silver cloth paint (bought for £3 from craft shop)

The bocks were wrapped in "Vet Wrap" a sticky bandage used for horses (comes in loads of colours and sticks to itself) costs £2 a roll used about 4

The mask was a nightmare I am not artistic at all and had to keep cutting and sticking bits on until it looked right (that took about 6 weeks of blood sweat and burns  :Claugh:)

The eyes were a pair of mirrored sunglass lenses £7 for the pair in oxford street (I bartered him down from £9)

The staff was two broken ally mop handles from work and a plastic ball (from the art shop £4) and some leds from a bargain pack of three 9 led torches (robert dyas £7) and more of that sheet of foam (It makes good crash mats too)

I am a Carpenter (I do work in the theatre industry but not on the stage bit) and I hang doors and mend roofs on the buildings but I would have loved to work on DR Who  :Claugh: my dream job

So I recon it cost me about £50 and a lot of my spare time for a whole year and I made it all  :Cbiggrin:

And to warn you all I am already planning next years  :Claugh: so get working on yours

Lozzi that pic was only possable because of you and the chains  :Cbiggrin: Just don't let Hex hurt me please  :Claugh:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 11:41:11 PM »
Jason, that's insane. I'm amazed at the amount of work you put into stuff, especially as this was for only one night! :Csmile:

The bocks were wrapped in "Vet Wrap" a sticky bandage used for horses (comes in loads of colours and sticks to itself) costs £2 a roll used about 4
VETRAP FTW!
It's brilliant, I've got it on loads of stuff as it gives really nice grip on things and doesn't shift as it's cohesive. Plus I get it free from work :Claugh:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 12:05:18 AM »
Sprog I could have cajed the vetwrap off you and saved myself £8  :Claugh:

Nice of you not to say anything about the amount of Bins I tend to raid  :Claugh:

My boss now just looks at the pile of "Treasure" I save from being chucked out shakes his head and pleads

"Can't you just throw some of it away"  :Claugh:

Come to think of it the wife says the same thing  :Cbiggrin:

Just one more think Sprog

I enjoyed every second of making it (so I must be insane your right)  :Claugh:

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 12:45:06 AM »
Jason, that's insane. I'm amazed at the amount of work you put into stuff, especially as this was for only one night! :Csmile:

Nah, he's gotta get his use out of it & wear it up the pub every saturday too

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 12:50:40 AM »
Sprog I could have cajed the vetwrap off you and saved myself £8  :Claugh:
What size you using, 10cm? If they're charging you £2 for it that's a rip off, it's dead cheap. I can pick a shedload up at uni when I'm next there if you like , I'd rather "borrow" it from there as they get £3k a year off me, where as work put up with me for nothing. (plus it's just outside London)

I enjoyed every second of making it (so I must be insane your right)  :Claugh:
I don't think there's much point in doing something if you don't enjoy it, which is why I could never work in an office or a shop! :)

Offline adamessex

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 11:59:53 AM »
amazing, i imagine thats more effort than almost everyone else put together. weldone full marks fantastic
falling is proof your trying

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »
Thanks for the praise folks

Yes £2 or slightly more mate but we don't use much of it so not worth buying bulk

I have seen black/yellow/blue/green/red and white

Must admit when I saw the white I thought about doing a Mummy on bocks but it might have been a bit warm  :Claugh:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 07:03:43 PM »

Must admit when I saw the white I thought about doing a Mummy on bocks but it might have been a bit warm  :Claugh:

mmm next year? hehe

But I think the bar is being raised. Not just here, individuals,  groups un wot not. In small areas real thought un effort is starting to emerge.

But its still silly ol us.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 07:12:52 PM »
Lol, Q it's my mission to beat Jason, im starting fire breathing and thinking of a amazing dragon with flames  :Cbiggrin:  even got glowing red eye's and thibking sbout smoke coming out the nose ^^
I really wanna out do him :)

Im gunna kick his ass!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 08:09:18 PM »
mmmmmmm aim for him   kissin yours ......now thats a pix i wanna take :Claugh:

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 08:58:07 PM »
or film, then can send it off to you been framed & and score £250

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 09:07:49 PM »
Oh dear is this turning into a beat Jason next year thread  :Claugh:

I have come up with a corker of an idea but not sure it's possible yet  :Cbiggrin:

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
you just set the bench mark for all to challenge

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 09:57:33 PM »
Lol, Jason ive started my costume today, its ruffly 3m tall, and got horns about 1m long, huge hairy and very big :P

Anyone guess what it is? besides it being Q?

DC

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 10:00:24 PM »
cant  b me   besides 'its big'   nowt like moi

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 10:08:04 PM »
fair enough  :Claugh:
can't wait to show everyone,

umm... anyone got any ideas how to make 1m long horns? and a really hairy body :P
very difficult :(

DC

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 10:20:31 PM »
sacrifice a ram to the bocking god and get some real horns. lol

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 10:23:35 PM »
I recon, at 3m tall it's going to be....

Unmanageable! :Cnah:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!