Author Topic: Junior Member!  (Read 4466 times)

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
Junior Member!
« on: November 14, 2009, 08:09:19 PM »
I just had to comment on this. I’ve just become a “Junior Member” Oh My God! I haven’t laughed so much in ages. Me a junior! I haven’t been a junior anything for more years than I care to remember!
 :Claugh:

What happens at the other end, do we become “Pensioner Members”. Now there’s a funny thought, one of you young guys who are always on becoming a Pensioner Member!
 :Cwink:

He He!

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
Re: Junior Member!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 08:12:16 PM »
What happens after becoming a 'Pensioner member'?  :Ceek:

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »
Lookin at your profile pic, it looks like your already there! LOL :Claugh: :Claugh:

May be second childhood, or is that where I'm at????? :Claugh:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 01:50:50 PM »
After pensioner member you become Ghost Writer Bio  :Claugh: (I'm close  :Cbiggrin: )

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 02:08:37 PM »
Lol, Jason I suppose your 'Elite member' can also be seen as Experienced :P (not hinting at old at all)
Hmmm... I should really be a Junior member :P

DC

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »
Haha very funny and congrats on becoming a "junior" again! Tell you what I'm all up for change if you can think of some better titles bring it on - they are all based on post count - the more you post the faster you get the pensioner - umm sorry I meant Elite status!

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 05:51:27 PM »
:O that would make me a pentioner :P
Not up for that, I think they should involve our free time e.g. Jason-4000+ posts I mean who has 4000 posts :P

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 07:02:38 PM »
well we could do the pp system, wallaby-super kangaroo etc...but something original would be better  :Claugh:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 07:35:23 PM »
well we could do the pp system, wallaby-super kangaroo etc...but something original would be better  :Claugh:
I actually don't like the PP system lol...it just seems a little lame to me :D No idea why. I just really dislike it. Tbh. I dont mind what we got.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 09:30:35 PM »
well id like yo say this is a bit periferal importance, and in many ways it is. But in other respects it is worth a serious look.

but 1st off, Id take issue with the PP way of ordering things. K, some may not like it. However, it was an attempt to do things a lil differently and not just take wot was on offer from the 'virtual' shelf and it showed a imagination and a bit of humour. MatT ( for those that dont know the creator of pp.com) has recieved a great deal of abuse for his 'neglect' of bocking. Few fuly realise that as a 16yo he created the site as a '2nd choice' for a school project!! Now yep he was a pretty intelligent 16yo  but still the wwhole project rather overwhelmed, or seems so to moi. Id add that if any1 deserves 'elite' or 'superkangeroo' status its that guy. I dunno if he bocks much anymore, Id fully understand if he doesnt. But a pity if he has hung up his stilts  cos he is now, as a student at camberidge, now surrounded by a bunch of folks that could give him some real fun in this sport.

But others too have made contributions to this sport. I dont mean sales. I mean the sport, which is actually a very small part of these stilts. Locky, Athoul and Becky stand out and still do along with XS ( tho him on 'the other forum'). Not so noticable  nowadays ET, Kiola and Stevie or Lukey.   They actually in 1 or more ways moved us on in serious ways, by organisation or insperation.

But its got nothing to do with the number of posts they made. Neither has the mathematical culmination of their input added to the quality of this site.  But a few of theirs, and others, have.

Occasionally, I believe, the insite of a noob should rocket them to 'elite' status.

But as this sport has spread, sites like this have lost some of their 'virtual' importance as debate moves to regional forums. Which is both good and bad/sad. especially as we have not managed ( or am I missing things--wouldnt suprise moi) to find a working method of coordination. But heyho.

Finally Ill get to my point. Names/titles? wot for? Its what 1 is doing and going to do, not what 1 has done, or said in the past. 

I think Ive posted some valuable points, Ive also posted far more dross, fun , fluff , boringness, unintelligable and quite interesting, but ultimatly useless stuff. I dont feel any of it should be used to 'rate' me.

Dont have any rating system. we all just bockers

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 09:48:03 PM »
Hmm, have i underestimated the importance of the title. I didnt think people worried about it much. And anyway. These titles are not a show of contributions to the community. There are awards that do that. I think everybody knows that.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »
Well as we are a bocking comunity how about starting people as

Lamp post hugger (junior)
Jumper
Split Kicker
Front Flipper
Back Flipper
Flippin Maniac   :Claugh:

Sugestions below

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 10:10:57 PM »
I didnt think people worried about it much. And anyway. These titles are not a show of contributions to the community. There are awards that do that. I think everybody knows that.
:approve:

Front Flipper
Back Flipper
Flippin Maniac   :Claugh:
Only downside is people may then think you can actually do those things, and in the case of many members... we can't! :Claugh:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 10:16:01 PM »
Yep but I'm working on already being at the Flippin Maniac level and I have a test certificate to prove I already am a Flippin Maniac  :Claugh:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 10:29:32 PM »
I have a test certificate to prove I already am a Flippin Maniac  :Claugh:
Where can I get one of those? :P

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 11:31:50 PM »
My work colleagues and most of my family think I'm a Flipping Nutcase, does that count? :b

Any way don't knock it I'm enjoying being in my second childhood.

I might even have found the secret of eternal youth!!! :Cyes:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 11:46:34 PM »
On the internet Sprog  :Claugh: they give them away with Pro-jumps  :Cbiggrin: