Author Topic: EA Announcement  (Read 25239 times)

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
Re: EA Announcement
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2009, 02:24:52 PM »
Carl, have you heard anything more about insurance?
Hannah x

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
Thanks Spud in response i do have a few things to say,

1. the commitee is non existant as we are not going to become an official group unless somebody else wants to do that. we dont have one as we dont have "members" nobody pays to be in the EAs and we are just a group of friends, If somebody is genuinly interested in wanting to help or even do something for the EAs then i have always been more than welcome to let people try it (just like you Spud with the website etc). But i like the idea of having meetings but again this does cause promblems like getting everyone together as we are so far apart. but i do hope people can come online and talk to me about any queries they have and hopefully something can get done.

2. the display team will now remain open, so that people will be rotated to help with events as im sure there will be events that people wont be able to make so we will need others. i hope thats what you want to hear,if this makes the group happier i am willing to give it a go. As for what the Ea bockers get from LSD, its nothing, we get reputation and we get to show bocking off, they are not willing to pay anything as this is a basic sponsorship. we MIGHT be able to get travel expenses paid for, for those attending the events. Also might be able to get some LSD drinks but no promises at the moment.

If there is anything i missed please let me know
sorry I was unable to reply earlier. I understand about the comittee. You might not have it yet but to have a display team you will need insurance and to have insurance you will need a comittee (chairperson ect).

I thought this sponsorship was really godo, but now I am not so sure. I think what sprog said was fair. The benefits are small right now and yes, it might get better after the 1 year contract but they might not. I think it's great but you are selling yourselves short. heres why I don't like it:

1)the display team need insurance
2)the display team will have to pay for insurance (or all members, however it works)
3)you wont be paid for the events you do for LSD. Expenses if you are lucky.

So really guys you are plowing a load of your own/the EAs money into promotion of a business, not really yourselves. All for a Tshirt and some drink.

no display teams pay for insurance unless it is an investment (they will earn money from doing it) Seems kinda crazy to me. I think the sponsorship can work but it has to be a fair deal. You are worth sponsoring and you are worth the money. You juts gotta belive it yourselves or nobody will.

You are being used. I'm sorry to say it. I think the group would do better to just go to some events and promote like that. That way even if you have to pay for insurance it's you that reap the rewards.

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2009, 06:05:18 PM »
Everything is sorted nobody has to pay anything and since there was never any money that EAs had we aren't plowing money into it. insurance is also sorted we will be covered.

i don't think we are selling ourselves out at all, i think that anyone who will go for sponsorship will get the same as us and have to EARN there way up to get paid and yes expenses are being paid.

i have never wanted to earn money from this sport its something i love doing and i wanna get our group out there and noticed and this seems like a good way to go out and promote bocking at events. we are not being used as we still get to use EA bockers name.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »
I actually think that you have the right attitude Carl, companies are struggling at the moment and  they are very reluctant to give anything away. Often association with a brand is good and helps to build your brand up too and gives you more leverage in the future

I recently had a mx team at the top level asking for just 10% of their rate card for GhostBikes to be their lead sponsor. This is the same spot that a very well known clothing brand paid over £200k to secure last year - just gives you an idea of how even big companies have completely cut down their sponsorship budget this year.

I say take what you can, appreciate it and build on it as you are definitely on the right path.

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2009, 08:03:44 PM »
Its not about money to us, were just doing what we love and if "being used" is the term people are using to refer to a couple of drinks and a shirt so be it , in that case i dont mind being used, this is all a good experience and hopefully will do powerbocking as a whole a good thing.
Account Closed

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2009, 09:43:29 PM »
Everything is sorted nobody has to pay anything and since there was never any money that EAs had we aren't plowing money into it. insurance is also sorted we will be covered.

i don't think we are selling ourselves out at all, i think that anyone who will go for sponsorship will get the same as us and have to EARN there way up to get paid and yes expenses are being paid.

i have never wanted to earn money from this sport its something i love doing and i wanna get our group out there and noticed and this seems like a good way to go out and promote bocking at events. we are not being used as we still get to use EA bockers name.

Awesome. As long it is of no cost to people I think it's great. The fact travel expenses are covered (was a maybe earlier) is wicked. It's just the way it looked without knowing the finer details. You are a great bunch and I really really wouldn't want you to put all this effort in if you were being used (bit like with the previous sponsors, having to buy products ect) But if what you say is right then you are on to a winner and if you can use your name ect, has no cost to the group then there isn't a thing to lose and everything to gain.

Congrats :)

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2009, 12:29:06 AM »
Not sure if anyones bothered, but heres the latest update.

Iv now talked to them about UK sales and their discussing it.

If this drink ever comes to the UK were gonna be a seriously busy group.
Account Closed

Offline CJ

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2009, 04:37:46 PM »
sounds great,

you have sponsorship by a company thats product "may" not even ever be on sale in the UK

keep up the great work

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »
But for all you know your Energy Drink sponsor might never be on sale in the UK...
Account Closed