Author Topic: Customer Reviews Competition DEC 2009  (Read 34953 times)

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: Customer Reviews Competition DEC 2009
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2010, 07:25:54 PM »
Well I have finished editing now, all I have to do is render it, but since I don't have a rendering farm at my disposal I will have to submit it around tomorrow morning/afternoon (depending on how long it will take to upload to Youtube). Is that ok Naz? :Cconfused:

WTH is a rendering farm? :/
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2010, 07:34:30 PM »
A (large) group of servers connected to each other for rendering things :CGEEK:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2010, 08:38:13 PM »

If  you have already edited it just pop it on to youtube on a lower quality so it uploads quicker - I can't extend it any more as its not fair on others.
sorry :

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »
It's rendered 90% so theres no point re-rendering, it just depends on Youtube now, but I will also upload it to mediafire if Youtube fails me.

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2010, 08:56:28 PM »
Uploading it to a file hoster atm, the aspect ratio got messed up so it looks a little squished, so I'll re-render it tomorrow and put the fixed version on Youtube.
So count the thing I'm uploading at the low-quality copy just so you can judge it :Cbiggrin:

EDIT: All the file hosting websites I have tried are giving me problems, are you sure I can't render the fixed version over night and upload it to Youtube as soon as I wake up?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:55:49 PM by Biohazard »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2010, 09:55:14 PM »
A (large) group of servers connected to each other for rendering things :CGEEK:

Which are only ever really used for Computer Animation. Is your review CG, bio? :Claugh:

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »
Seriously Bio what are you talking about, I quote from wikipedia:
A render farm is a computer cluster built to render computer-generated imagery (CGI), typically for film and television visual effects, using off-line batch processing.

You don't need a render farm to process your video so that it's watchable
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2010, 10:03:57 PM »
I think your sarcasm detectors are broken :Claugh:.

I have just tried several filehosting websites, and for some reason they cut out at around 99%, they don't seem to like large files.
So my only option is to re-render it overnight(the aspect ratio on the one I was uploading was messed up big time) and put it on Youtube in the morning...which I don't think Naz will like.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2010, 10:04:35 PM »
Whats the file size and format bio?

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2010, 10:06:56 PM »
About 400mb in .mp4 (which knowing how slow Youtube is will take me ages to upload), which isn't that large but all the good filehosting websites I have tried don't like it.
You can't blame my internet since I'm on 50mb/s fiber optic, so I think I will have to try and upload it in the morning to Vimeo or Youtube.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2010, 10:09:18 PM »
About 400mb in .mp4 (which knowing how slow Youtube is will take me ages to upload), which isn't that large but all the good filehosting websites I have tried don't like it.
You can't blame my internet since I'm on 50mb/s fiber optic, so I think I will have to try and upload it in the morning to Vimeo or Youtube.

Have you actually tried uploading to youtube yet?

Offline trip master

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »
With all this build up Biohazard i'm expecting something equal to AVATAR at least. I've got my 3D glasses at the ready sat right next to my computer..  :Cwink:

I've sent an email to my mate at Pixar to find out if they can lend you some processing power.. LOL
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 10:11:49 PM by trip master »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2010, 10:16:54 PM »
3D glasses nothing mate  :Cbiggrin:

I've bought in the popcorn, got some extra seats in and invited my mates and the neighbours round  :Claugh:

What time is the Premier Bio (and can I have your autograph  :Cbiggrin:)

This should rival the Coronation  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline trip master

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2010, 10:21:34 PM »
Do you think we should notify the oscars Jason just to be on the safe side..  :Cbiggrin:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2010, 10:24:21 PM »
Could it be that the video is corrupted at the 99% mark? In my experience with mp4, it's hard to work with conversion wise, might be worth encoding it into .avi or .wmv

I've got my Real-D, Anaglyph and Color-Code 3D glasses ready, I'm set for all formats of 3D! :D

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »
It's just 15 minutes of me blabbering about Pro-Jumps, with stuttering, lisp and my accent thrown in due to my camera shyness (I get that cringing feeling that you get when you see yourself on camera) :Cconfused:

At the moment my internet connection is breaking the boundaries of time and space, while being a bit unreliable.
Somehow I uploaded a 500mb file to Youtube in 3 seconds, and filefront is saying I'm getting +100mb/s upload speeds when I should only be getting about 10mb/s(I wish I could get the same upload as download, 50mb/s is fun).

Anyway here's the copy with the messed up aspect ratio, still processing though(so it says it's not available):

I should do some Vegas trickery to make the final copy 3D so you guys can use your Avatar glasses :Cerr:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 10:35:23 PM by Biohazard »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »
mpeg is a format I avoid. As is WMV. Tbh, rendering is an art of it's own. What you want is lowest file size with maximum quality in a format that is widely accepted. It's getting the balance right and rendering for purpose. Formats are often seen as the most important thing and it isn't. The way it is encoded is. For web I export as an AVI using sorenson squeeze as an encoder. A good quality vid will be something like 10mb per min. Which is pretty awesome. I'd show a vid using the set up but it involves me playing jenga dressed as a granny :D

For good upload speeds you need business internet!

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2010, 10:44:28 PM »
I guess I'll get my fixed copy to render as a AVI overnight, it says the video with the broken aspect ratio is processing but I don't know how long it will take, just don't expect anything AVATAR quality cause I am the most camera shy person on earth :Claugh:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2010, 10:47:39 PM »
Just make sure it doesn't go over 2gb if you are exporting it as a raw file. On the plus side tho if it is a raw avi the render times are fast!

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2010, 10:50:11 PM »
Just make sure it doesn't go over 2gb if you are exporting it as a raw file. On the plus side tho if it is a raw avi the render times are fast!

The thing is, the raw footage fron my cam is MPEG-4 anyway.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2010, 11:00:13 PM »
I just meant if exporting as a raw uncompressed avi opposed to an encoded one. 

Offline trip master

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2010, 11:15:51 PM »
It's just 15 minutes of me blabbering about Pro-Jumps, with stuttering, lisp and my accent thrown in due to my camera shyness (I get that cringing feeling that you get when you see yourself on camera) :Cconfused:

Hey Biohazard don't put yourself down matey, Johnathan Ross has made millions out of having a lisp, bit of a stutter and talking crap. I'm well known for talking crap and hasn't done me any harm. Good luck, I vote the competition is extended for this guy to show his stuff.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2010, 11:19:19 PM »

Hey Biohazard don't put yourself down matey, Johnathan Ross has made millions out of having a lisp, bit of a stutter and talking crap. I'm well known for talking crap and hasn't done me any harm. Good luck, I vote the competition is extended for this guy to show his stuff.
he has something uploaded. It doesn't have to be perfect. it's an entry and knowing there is a better quality version going up, it isn't going to affect results. And any kind of extension would need support of current entrants.

I'm looking forward to it ;) Tbh, you got more guts than me. I would never do a vid of myself!

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2010, 12:23:04 AM »
I'm surprised at how quickly my PC is rendering it, I made one re-render and had made another stupid mistake, so now doing the 3rd render.
I just feel like you guys will be disappointed by it, I'm not  confident person! :Cmask:

Youtube removed my damn video because it was too long, so I will upload it to Vimeo first thing in the morning and then split it into two parts for Youtube so it can be seen by a wider audience!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:33:21 AM by Biohazard »

Offline trip master

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2010, 12:36:50 AM »
I'm surprised at how quickly my PC is rendering it, I made one re-render and had made another stupid mistake, so now doing the 3rd render.
I just feel like you guys will be disappointed by it, I'm not  confident person! :Cmask:

Just do it, go for it, i was just joking about the 3D thing James Cameron was getting a bit worried but remember simple is best.. I've got a funny feeling its gonna be OK dude.