Author Topic: skyrunners  (Read 11305 times)

Offline bloodsukker

skyrunners
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:23:50 PM »
hi guys i am new to all this and i wanted to ask your opinion on skyrunners as i have just brought them they seem ok but i can just walk at the moment any help please

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: skyrunners
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 10:32:41 PM »
Hi there

Welcome to the forum, if you go have a look through the forum you will find lots of info that will help you.

On another note please can you tell us where you brought the skyrunners from?

Thank you

Offline bloodsukker

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
yeah i got them from ebay

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 10:47:22 PM »
Grrrf Skyrunners!!!! sometimes there Ok sometimes there not :S your better of with some Pro-Jumps :P

DC

Offline Chrishead

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 10:53:44 PM »
Grrrf Skyrunners!!!! sometimes there Ok sometimes there not :S your better of with some Pro-Jumps :P

DC

Indeedy, they are made with an extremely poor build quality but you do sometimes get a good pair which last you a fair amount of time and help you learn the basic's and more but if you decide to go further in this sport its highly suggested that you invest in a better pair such as pro-jumps or 7's.

Chris.
For Sale: Paracute, Used once, Never opened, Small stain.

Offline bloodsukker

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 11:12:33 PM »
ok thanks thats a bit af a bummer looks like i will have to start saving again

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »
i hav a pair of skyrunners and they have lasted me over a year and that includes doing the lord mayors parade in London a capital bocking an hallowbock so i don't think skyrunners are bad they are quite good for a neewbe in my eyes yes u will need to upgrade but don't worry bout upgrading till u learn the basics then when you become confidante that what u can an will b able to do will warrant you getting a better pare then get pro-jumps or 7's but don't worry bout saving up just yet not unless you are a wiz an pick it up very quickly

xx
lozzi
xx

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 11:32:13 PM »
ok thanks thats a bit af a bummer looks like i will have to start saving again

Good plan. They could last you a while but you just don't know with them. Obviously, they are illegal and whatnot but you have them. You may aswell use them until they die but just don't expect it to be a long time away.

The people that sell skyrunners really annoy me. Not so much for the illegal part but more so people are often mislead into buying a  product of pretty random quality. If they were all good I wouldn't mind so much. There are a lot of skyrunners on ebay. Incase anybody is thinking of buying them (guests) it looks like a cheap way into the sport at first but there is a good chance it will cost more because they won't last and replacements will have to be bought. Projumps=a win first pair.

@lozzi, you got an alright pair. But lol, is it yours you have to jump on to straighten the frames out :D  Still not a bad pair lol. I've seen people do that with all brands. Incuding 7's.

:spudT:

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 11:36:54 PM »
no spud i dont have to jump on mine to get the frame straght hex sorted it i had a loose nut taht i hadent checked after lord mayors an it has made the suport rods un even

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 11:38:58 PM »
no spud i dont have to jump on mine to get the frame straght hex sorted it i had a loose nut taht i hadent checked after lord mayors an it has made the suport rods un even

Ahh, nice one. Good ol' Hex. Not seen him in AGES.

Offline adamessex

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 11:39:08 PM »
lozzi yours have lasted due mainly to there user ie they don't get used, lol I mean apart from walking how much do they get used??????????????????????????????????????
:-)
falling is proof your trying

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 11:41:55 PM »
he has shin splints so has been told to give physical exercise a rest for a while lol

and if the whether was better i would be out on them almost every day trying to vault ova the gate into the field next-door

Offline lynch

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 11:43:12 PM »
adam means you should learn to jump on them  :Ctongue: ( see if they can withstand jumping (as said on the box ) they are jumping stilts :Cconfused: )

but they have lasted you

Offline adamessex

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 11:44:02 PM »
make sure you video it

Offline lynch

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 11:45:33 PM »
yeah we want to see them brake lol
only kidding  :Ctwitcy:

Offline adamessex

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 11:46:47 PM »
I was wondering which would break first them or lozzi

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 11:47:13 PM »
i do jump i just dont like trying to jump round some people coz they take the pee out of me and start to show off when im tring to get my technique

and dw i will get a vid an u will all b amazed but it wont b for a while coz where i live its all grass and its not exactly a good idea when their are horses in the field

i dont brake that easly

Offline lynch

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 11:49:11 PM »
get some mk3 then grass is not a problem and its a soft landing

Offline adamessex

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 11:55:03 PM »
just mind the horse do

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 12:02:12 AM »
yeah i got them from ebay

Please can you tell me the Ebay item number so this can be reported to the patent holder, its illegal sellers like this that harm businesses like our and other authorised sellers!

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 12:19:35 AM »
The people that sell skyrunners really annoy me. Not so much for the illegal part but more so people are often mislead into buying a  product of pretty random quality.

What gets up my nose is how more often than not they list them as Powerisers. Some say they don't know the difference but the box is in the photo and it clearly says Skyrunner.
Of course it may be that they think of all jumping stilts as Powerisers. Still winds me up a treat though!  :Cmad:

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 09:18:49 AM »
ive only ever used the bogstandard pro-jumps and they're excellent, ive only ever really heard bad things about skyrunners, even the good has been a defence against a negative comment to make them feel better about their purchase :/  well, if i were you i'd bock to my hearts content!! make the most out of em and prove me wrong by all means!! =D

-Tom =]
if we stop bouncing, gravity wins!

Offline PBC

• Les Bottes de 7 Lieues
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 10:14:21 AM »
Skyrunners are illegal because the manufacturer refuses to pay the royalties and therefore may not sell them in any of the countries where the patent applies. That doesn't seem to stop them from attempting it.

The earlier Skyrunners had some serious defects but then, so did most of the other legal brands. Today, this is no longer the case. Sure, they may not be built to the same level of quality as a pair of 7's, Powerskips, or Velocity stilts however, I feel the fact that they were chosen to be used in the Beijing Olympics says plenty about them. I believe we all make derogatory comments against them based largely on hearsay and not due to personal experience with them. Because the manufacturer continues to insult the patent owner with his "less than ethical" marketing practices, we rally together to trash his product at every given opportunity. I repeat, there was some merit to the negativity based on the earlier MkI models but since the MkII's were released I have not encountered many dissatisfied users.

To wrap this up...
If you purchased a pair of MkII Skyrunners on eBay, you have been had over in some respects because they were illegal for sale in this country. Now that you have them you will be unable to resell them but you still have a perfectly serviceable pair of stilts so, use them until they give up the ghost. That may be in a few weeks, months, or even a couple of years. Just boil it down to experience. At least you will know better next time around. ;)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »
hmmm you didnt mention Pro-Jumps being some of the best :P
And powerisers are seeing to have more problems than SkyRunners to me these days and PowerSkip spring have tendancy to break, Pro-jumps hoofs are awful, wow seems every company has some kinda fault in there stilts!!! you should all join together and make some awesome stilt!!!!
and I saw 2 pairs of SkyRunenrs in Spain and they looked like they were scrap metal :S they were falling apart and looked really dodgy :P
Still looked fun though

DC

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 10:30:34 AM »
Just me or is there many things wrong with these stilts??

http://flyjumping.en.ec21.com/Poweriser_Flyjumper_Skyrunner_Sports_Goods--3888675_3889030.html

No support rod,
Your weight is all on the spring
there is only about 10 bolts :S
the hoofs are hollow
no rubber stopper
there is a stopper on the side of the stils :S
Holes in the support bar

they do look kinda cool though :P