Author Topic: Work Experience  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Killer Chinchilla

• Chillin' with my chinchillas...
Work Experience
« on: December 03, 2009, 10:21:23 PM »
Any1 got any ideas on what i could do for my year 10 work experience? I was meant 2 have finalised a placement somewhere on the 9th of November but meh...it's at end of april next year lol so i can't exactly be l8 technically :P i have tried blue planet aquarium as me & my friend leah wanted 2 go but by the time my schools office person had found the no. (which took her a whole frikin week! When i found it in 2 mins on liverpool website...) they were booked up... :@ & i can't really think of anywhere i could go... :( my friend leah is goin work experience at her aunties salon but i don't wanna go ther obvs haha :) so any good ideas any1 please?! ;)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: Work Experience
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 10:30:54 PM »
What interests you in life?
What are your favourite subjects?

Go for something based around the answers to those.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 11:15:25 PM »
Work experience is getting harder and harder to get because of additional rules. It is getting much more difficult for employers to offer it. Your best chances are with somebody that you know.

Also, competition for work experience placements is high too. With the recession a lot of people are doing work experience and voluntary work to boost their CVs.

It wont be a walk in the park. When I did mine I found a placement through some connexions website. They should help you. maybe you could class voluntary work as work experience?

http://www.do-it.org.uk/

Only

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 12:22:53 AM »
I had my work experience with the Repo service, was fantastic learnt so much, then for my year11 one I was a run around for a law firm :S never made so much coffee before :S

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 07:58:01 AM »
TATE 'pool
The DUCK tour

wot wrong with salon  just make coffee  sweep hair and have a natter.  nice un warm  and u get some grooming advvice--- well atleast find out how to avoid lookin lik2  DC

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 02:14:45 PM »
Work experience is getting harder and harder to get because of additional rules. It is getting much more difficult for employers to offer it. Your best chances are with somebody that you know. 
It’s getting harder because it cost so much money! Someone has to look after you that means they can't do their own job fully. If your anywhere but an office they have to provided safety gear PPE, In an office you are tacking a PC or desk space out of productive use. The list goes on!

As Spud says your best chance is with friends business. Or somewhere they don't treat the employs well!

Good Luck!

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Killer Chinchilla

• Chillin' with my chinchillas...
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 04:23:43 PM »
Thanks all it's deffo helped me a bit more now :D