Author Topic: Height and Calf Cuff Placements?  (Read 5302 times)

Offline DreamingWolf

• My Myspace
Height and Calf Cuff Placements?
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:10:06 PM »
So recently I asked a similar question to this one in another topic but I figured I should make a new one in the proper sections and with more detail.

So, I have a pair of Air Trekker Extremes with the pro calf cuffs. They're awesome, but I've run into a few issues.

Firstly, at this point the calf cuffs are digging into the tendons in the backside of my upper knee area whenever I bend my legs. This makes running a bit difficult.

Now comes the second problem. A couple of people here have recommended moving the cuffs down further (naturally), but I'm 6' 2" tall and if I put them any lower I become unbalanced. Also, if they go any lower and I attempt to jump, there are points where it feels like my legs want to bend backwards and break from the impact.

I can't help but thing I'm doing something wrong here, any suggestions or tips?
Teach me and I will learn, show me and I will see, hear me and I speak, give me hope.... and I will change the world.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Height and Calf Cuff Placements?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 09:30:14 PM »
OK mate first thing put your bocks on and tighten the cuffs up

You should be able to bend your knees until the springs touch the back of your thigh (the cuffs may just tighten on the back of your knee but they shouldn't cut off the blood

That is for me the ideal height
Have a look at the numerous pics in the gallery and you will find some of people with cuffs and copy the height from them

The feeling of your knees bending back is called Bockers Knee and will stop when you build the muscles up enough just take it slowly until them as it can become painfull if you push it when your legs arn't strong enough

It is called hyperextention but the good news is a few weeks of bocking and it won't happen to you any more

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: