Author Topic: Just Got My Bocks :)  (Read 3237 times)

Offline TheWhiteBocker

• Black&+WhiteBockersForever.
Just Got My Bocks :)
« on: December 25, 2009, 09:33:41 PM »
Hello All :)
  I just got my pro-jumps today  :Cbiggrin:    and so far i've been practicing on some snowy grass as all around the pavements is ice.  Anyways, after 2and a half  hours of practicing ( and now im tired lol ) i can run quite fast, get up by myself ,  do double footed jumps and i can also do tuck jumps but has anybody got any tips for jumping higher ?   because it doesn't feel like im going very high at the moment and i'm doing the swinging arms technique.

Thanks  :Csmile:

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: Just Got My Bocks :)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 09:40:04 PM »
but has anybody got any tips for jumping higher ?   because it doesn't feel like im going very high at the moment and i'm doing the swinging arms technique.

Practice :)
Seriously, it's all about your technique which will just come with time, there is no magic thing you can do to suddenly be jumping 6ft.
Sounds like your getting on well for your first day though :D
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 01:50:24 AM »
Good old pencil jump :P I get much better height without moving my body, keep it straight, takes abit of practise though :)

DC

Offline gazzat5

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 02:36:20 PM »
hold on to something (like a lamppost or high wall) and bounce on one foot for a while, see how high you can get.

Hop on one foot. There's a lot of debate on whether springs do soften up over time, but i found these techniques helped me!

Also, what rating of spring did you get and what weight are you (if i can ask that!) as this can affect height e.g. if you got an 'over' rated spring it will take you longer to acheive maximum bounce.

Also if doing double foot hoping, do a run up and launch off one foot, see if that helps.

HTH