Author Topic: ID Cards  (Read 19604 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
ID Cards
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
As a lot of you will know Clive had a tumble at our last Gym meet and it got me thinking

I have seen a few semi serious falls at gym meets (Becks was a corker ) and on the odd occation out bocking I have seen some near misses

If someone is either seriously hurt or rendered unconcious we all know to rush them to hospital or call an ambulance (Just as in any accident)

The difference with bocking accidents is we carry as little as we can (normaly phone money and water) and not everyone knows who is who and a lot of our participents are under 16

So at last I come to the point  :Claugh: when little Jimmy (or Jemima) is being rushed to hospital who do we call and who are we calling about

With me and Clive it's easy we just grab the phone and call the others wife (and wait for the ear bashing  :Claugh:)

But using Jimmy (or Jemimas) phone to call the Mum in the memory and saying something like

"Hello you don't know me but Dark Bocking Slayer (I didn't know he was called Jimmy) has been rushed to community general with life threatening injurys"

Don't sound good does it  :Claugh:

So what I suggest is we carry a Bocking ID card something like below

Dark Bocking Slayer ID Card
Name-- Jimmy Jones
Contact Phone--Mum 000000000
Blood Type xy
Allergys etc "Alergic to work"

And any other info you think needed
These could be printed up at home and maybe laminated if you have one of those cheap machines
Or put between 2 bits of clear sticky plastic
Or even attached to your bocks as that is when you will need it

So what do you all think

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Ps the wife just told me lots of extreme sports do similar (spose it makes sence  :Cbiggrin: )

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
Re: ID Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:20:18 PM »
well jason, I think its a good idea :Cyes: are you sure my names clarke kent :Ctwitcy:all jokes aside think everyone should do this as if bexx would have been knock out we had no one that we could call.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 11:33:16 PM »
i have to agree this is a good idea as well.
since most of us only know our nick names. and i know that some peoples names is not what you would think, jason and clive is prity stright forward but some like spud and carma are like who when you hear there real names.

i think any injouries allready noted, as for me, doggy knee, jason - everything, and clive nearly everything  :Cnotworthy:

but i do know this is a good idea as most of us have seen or have been injured and if all went wrong i would not want some one to undurly worry about me.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 10:45:30 AM »
Think the most important thing is that it is easy to carry so credit card size would be ideal

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 03:17:07 PM »
I've looked at this before and in the WB's we've been devising an emergency contact lists that the most senior person would keep on them and would also be available to people in a secure area on our site.
The problem is keeping it up to date.

As for ID cards, I would suggest going for something as small as possible, probably about the size of a tescos clubcard key fob. Print out your details, laminate it, stick a hole in it and put it on your keys.
I'd also suggest supergluing one to the underside of the footplate or somewhere equally out of the way.

Offline Hotdog

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 08:53:17 PM »
My mum needs to take lots of medication so we brought her a pendent called a "SOS Talisman". These have more than what you need.  :Cbiggrin:
Jason I have an even better pick up a phone SIM credit punch in off the card write the information on like you said on the card and also phones SIM chip using a PC link. You can put more things on the chip then you stick in back on the card. Should you need more than just a phone number they can read the SIM chip  :Ctwitcy
Before I wrote this I found this http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2989.msg41707#msg41707

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »
Key fobs are a good idea Locky

Only trouble is I'd need 3 (work keys, house keys and car keys) and sometimes I don't carry any keys when I go to a meet as I know the wife will be in and Clive is driving

I love the stick it to the bottom of the footplate idea that will cover all eventualitys (I mean if your on them you have it)

Yep Hotdog the SOS things are good but I hate wearing any type of jewelery especially round my neck it can get caught in moving machinery (I use a lot of that  :Claugh:)
And I did think about the ICE but I have fallen on my phone in the past and I've seen loads of phones fly during falls and they don't like pavements at speed  :Cbiggrin:

So I think I will be attaching mine to my stilts
Arrhh slight problem there I now need 14 copys  :Claugh:

Think it's a case of doing what works best for you but make it obvious so we can find it quick

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 11:39:32 PM »
This is a very good idea.  :Cyes:
As has been said most of us know very little about each other so would be no help except calling for help!
The solution needs to be very easy, with the same basic information. ID cards on the stilts could be good providing;
a) It’s kept up to date.(if it’s attached to your stilts it may get forgotten).
b) It doesn’t fall off or get made unreadable.
How about a word doc template that any one can download, fill in and print off. Then you could make into a card if you want or just fold it up and put it in your pocket.

To be of use the minimum it should carry,
Name.
Date of Birth.
Address.
Contact info (Next of Kin)
Medical conditions, (Asthma, epilepsy, diabetes, etc.)
Any Medication currently being taken.
Known Allergies.

Additional useful info would be;
Dr Name and address.
NSH number.

People organising meets could add to the post, “Don’t forget your medical forms” Any that did, a spare blank form could be completed in seconds. Job done! :Cchatterbox:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline IronVinyl

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 11:46:11 PM »
Key fobs are a good idea Locky

I love the stick it to the bottom of the footplate idea that will cover all eventualitys (I mean if your on them you have it)

I think the problem with attaching it anywhere on the stilts is the possibilities that i may rub off or fade in the light, good idea in practice but when you trying to read it and all you can see us N  m: j  o   a   d    a
                                                                                    I  E: 0   3     8  3   
                                                                                     ect ect.
I think the best idea would be some kind of credit card sized ID card easy to keep in your pocket, weights nothing cant be damaged in a fall and can contain all the info you need

also youd only need one!

If theres anything more important than my ego round here, i want it caught and shot now

www.doctorsteel.com    www.Toysoldiersunite.com Join us in our search for a Utopian playland

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 07:15:17 PM »
We use to sell these for motorcyclists http://www.ghostbikes.com/products/1135-UTAG-Ice-(In-Case-of-Emergency)-Digital-DogTag.html and they became really popular with them I think they would would for bockers too but think something attached to the stilts would be better. I'm just thinking maybe something like this would be ideal
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 07:17:39 PM by webmaster »

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 07:28:40 PM »
I'm just thinking maybe something like this would be ideal

but they'd flap around all over the place and make slappy sounds on the stilts :D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 07:34:02 PM »
I knew someone would say something like that lol where theres a will theres a way.... [[[ENTER JASON]]]

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 07:39:44 PM »
On the subject of sticking things to stilts what happens when you swap them over. Many times at norwich have people gone to lunch and others tried out each others bocks. I think it would be better to carry something in a pocket incase a non-bocking randomer helps.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 07:48:33 PM »
something stitched inside your safety gear maybe, like what your mum use to do inside your uniform when you were little :)

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 08:01:06 PM »
eww, nametapes XD

some form of id jsut in your wallet would be simplest

assuming there's not crazy people that don't carry a wallet wherever they go

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »
something stitched inside your safety gear maybe, like what your mum use to do inside your uniform when you were little :)
my mum never did that  :Claugh:
eww, nametapes XD

some form of id jsut in your wallet would be simplest

assuming there's not crazy people that don't carry a wallet wherever they go
Not bocking. I usually take a bit of cash and my phone.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 08:12:01 PM »
Not bocking. I usually take a bit of cash and my phone.

kay then, forget the wallet idea :P

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »
Could always rivet or bolt the Dog Tag or Luggage tag to the footplate

Like I said before it is what works best for you

I like the credit card fixed to the stilts

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 08:33:37 PM »
Dog Tag

military style dogtags :D though they'd flap around, wristbandy type things would be better

Offline wolf

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »
wristbandy type things would be better

ugh gods just got an image of a hospital wrist band tag *shudder*

Though I guess if its needed your on your way to hospital so it would save them a job lol   :Ctongue:

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
Tattoo the info to the side of your neck. I actually know several people who have done that, various bikers, soldiers, and one homeless guy I used to speak to.

Got bocks, backfleep or broken face sometime in the future.....

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »
Tattoo the info to the side of your neck. I actually know several people who have done that, various bikers, soldiers, and one homeless guy I used to speak to.
Drastic!!!!! :Cwideeyed: Besides what hapens when you have a head transplant!! you end up with the wrong info! :Cyes:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 12:28:06 PM »
Drastic!!!!! :Cwideeyed: Besides what hapens when you have a head transplant!! you end up with the wrong info! :Cyes:

Ah you see the head transplant messes it all up, like some randomer running off with your stilts and getting hurt, there is just easy solution aside from DONT GET HURT, go wrap yourself in bubblewrap and sit in a corner watching daytime television.

What is life without a little risk? haha

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 08:33:12 PM »
Wow I bet a change of address is really painful  :Claugh:

And think I'd live at the low number end of a road in a town like Ely

Bu**er living in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Or on Bolderwood Arboretum Ornamental Drive  :Claugh:

The bocks would be cheaper than the Tattoo  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 03:16:00 AM »
Ha, yet another flaw with the tattoo plan, perhaps it needs scrapping then, lol