Author Topic: ID Cards  (Read 19646 times)

Offline bloodsukker

Re: ID Cards
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 09:20:25 PM »
how about the pen that shows up under uv light like you mark your tv vidio dvd player with

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 09:30:21 PM »
That's not a bad idea, although I would be far too tempted to draw funny patterns instead, so when I glow I look funny.

Got bocks, backfleep or broken face sometime in the future.....

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »
Nice idea but to easily missed unless everyone carrys a UV pen

It needs to be easy to read if we need it but hidden from anyone who just looks at the stilts

I have had another idea that might work well

You can get small screw top Pet ID tube things that you put a bit of paper with name and address in

They are fairly tough and secure by a ring on one end so if we can find somewhere to fit it on the stilts so it won't fall off but can be unscrewed to read

This has a few advantages if your details change or you sell the stilts just write a new bit of paper
They are small, light and tough
All we need to do is all put them in the same place so they are secure and we know where to find them
Also if they are hidden and your stilts are stolen it would be proof that they belong to you

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 12:53:01 AM »
Maybe if we ask sprog nicely he will give us all microchips  :Cbiggrin:

I was thinking bout jasons idea. I think the easiest and least annoying place would be to put it at the back of the calf cuffs or kneestrap somewhere. I cabt think of somewhere good on the frame.

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 05:58:01 PM »
military style dogtags :D though they'd flap around, wristbandy type things would be better

im shure i could make something like that. and it would be a great idea :Cyes:. you could also engrave it on the metal strap/on the back of your watch :Cmask:.

jordan
NXTee.yolasite.com check it out.

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »
how about the pen that shows up under uv light like you mark your tv vidio dvd player with

this could work to :Claugh:http://www.smartw**er.com/Home.aspx
its called smartw**er and it is a spray on dna that is visable under uv light, each pot has its own dna and therefore it can be put on... e.g. a laptop and if it is stolen and found by the police it can be traced strait back to you.  :Claugh:

jordan

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 06:43:23 PM »
most peeps have mobile phones nowadays...and bock wiv um.  now f im rendered unconciouse ( or simila spillin), ive no probs with some1 gropping in my pocket ( no comments please) , getting my phone and scrolling down till they find 'mum'  or indeed (as its on contract)  simply phoning the names till they reach some1 who cares.......

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 06:57:59 PM »
Seriously Q there is absolutely no need for that.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 09:12:01 PM »
I did think of that one Q or an ICE number

But with my luck I would fall on the mobile and destroy it  :Claugh:

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 11:04:34 PM »
Falling on your bum with your mobile in your back pocket! :Cwideeyed:
That's what you could CALL a bruise! :Claugh:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
Try phone in one back pocket and wallet in the other (only coins no notes to poor  :Ccry:)

And the worst bit is you can't show the bruises on here  :Claugh:

Offline binop9

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 05:12:56 AM »
Hey everyone

I had been thinking about what everyone had been saying on here for the past few weeks and was looking for a way of getting round the using your mobile thing as if your unlucky enough to have a accident then the amount of luck your gonna have to have a battery thats gonna last when help Finally gets to you.. ( it might die while or before they get to use it -- where as a card or laminated piece of paper they can hold onto and attach to either yourself or there clip boards while in the back of the ambulance.

I have done a few trials with these.. in the sense that i have asked hospital staff and Ambulance drivers and Paramedics if they find the info on my card to be helpful.. there answer was YES BIG HELP :)

Soo seeing as they give it the thumbs up.. i am now wondering what you lot think about it..

If you do use this print out the blank ID Card ( fill it in of course ) then print the Green Backing and then sandwich them back to back then laminate and then hole punch a err hole in to the top right hand corner ( so they can hang it should they need to from you so it dont get lost and they know who the blooming hell you are.. )

PS the info on the card is fake.. ( thats for the people that think he actually might be real - He's not )

Chris ( Binop9 )

PPS i forgot to add as for fitting and locating...
best place i found is the large 45deg foot support bar.. and as for fitting it in place easy enough to remove.. then thats where trusty Velcro comes in. 2 small squares 1 either end of card same on stilts and your set. For added fixing a bit of tape could also be used to hold it in place.. but i feel that the velcro should be able to hold it in place well enough

( END )
Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People in Large Groups...

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 08:53:32 AM »
I think if Jesus's middle name was mary then he'd probably get crucified at school if he was a kid today :)

Anyone thought of taking their stilts to the cops when they do those free postcode stampings for bikes and getting a phone number stamped or something?

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2010, 09:06:16 AM »
well jason, I think its a good idea :Cyes: are you sure my names clarke kent :Ctwitcy:all jokes aside think everyone should do this as if bexx would have been knock out we had no one that we could call.

Im well hard - nothin can KO me XD

but yea- good idea jase

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline binop9

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2010, 04:04:28 PM »
in reply to the police stamping thing..

they scrapped the idea due to a woman complaining they chipped the paint on a bike they stamped for her..

so if you want it stamped you gotta do a bit of DIY to get what you want on em..

if you wanna make it official like for like if they get nicked from you ( some how ) then start stamping them in the presence of a police officer either at the station ( only do the 1st 2 letters of say if found... ) then get them to sign off that you did it with them watching put on file .. then that way you can prove they are yours if found and then you dont need to go through the hoops of can you supply a urine, blood, hair, finger print sample and oh can you also show me the deeds to the family farm please.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 06:15:05 PM »
They still do it here.

Offline binop9

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 07:35:56 PM »
ahh then count yourself lucky then mate..

Woolwich they are even frightened to cough on a bike incase it comes back to bite em

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2010, 09:33:39 PM »
I did think about having it tattooed on my a** just above where it says Made in China  :Claugh:

But with my luck they wouldn't be able to read it due to the bruising  :Claugh:

I think I've finaly cracked it

Why not have all the info you need printed on the inside of your favourite bocking T-shirts

Only down side is if your good looking or fit Q would have an excuse for ripping your clothes off if you fall over  :Claugh:

Up side is I'm fairly safe  :Cbiggrin:

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2010, 11:09:21 AM »
good idear jason  :Cyes:

jordan