Author Topic: Weight Loss  (Read 3414 times)

Offline wolf

Weight Loss
« on: January 02, 2010, 10:41:33 PM »
So most of you know I finally bought myself a set of stilts YAY  :Becky:

HOWEVER I have been banned from using them  :Cfrown:

After weighing myself after christmas to see how much my weight has changed I have discovered I have LOST weight and now weigh less than I did when I bought my stilts

The problem being I now weigh 60KG and my stilts are for 82/3KG meaning that when I finally get to go on and begin using them I am well outside the 10KG recomended weight difference

So what should I do? use them anyway and build up muscle weight/technique and not have to worry about upgrading my springs soon
Or eat lots of christmas leftovers and put the weight back on I lost?

Thanks alot, Wolf

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Weight Loss
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:54:46 PM »
Just use them. It might take you a bit longer to learn but give it a go. If you struggle then downgrade to 70's and use the 80's when you have improved your technique but there is little point in buying new springs till you have given it a go ;)

:spudT:

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 11:14:33 PM »
I weigh 57 and use 84's, it's all about you technique, soon enough you will be building muscle(you will gain a small amount of weight from this) and be able to perform much better than if you had some lard on you!

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 12:15:37 AM »
Just go for it, being 20kg out isn't too much of a problem, it'll just mean they'll take longer to break in and be harder to use until you get your technique down.
Once it's sorted you'll be flying though! :Claugh:

Offline Hotdog

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 05:13:20 PM »
I've got a pair over my weight class . I can't bounce very well on them but I want to be flipping in the summer .

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 10:15:42 PM »
im just about 60kg and im on 90-100's just get bouncing and remember to put your weight through your heals

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 11:21:36 PM »
The problem being I now weigh 60KG and my stilts are for 82/3KG meaning that when I finally get to go on and begin using them I am well outside the 10KG recomended weight difference

So what should I do? use them anyway and build up muscle weight/technique and not have to worry about upgrading my springs soon
Or eat lots of christmas leftovers and put the weight back on I lost?

Thanks alot, Wolf

If your that worried fill your pockets with pebbles!!!! LOL :Claugh:
Only joking, Look on the brightside, it's a lot better than you being too heavy for them!!! :Cyes:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!