Author Topic: Knee pads  (Read 3751 times)

Offline stewjoe

Knee pads
« on: February 21, 2010, 05:19:51 AM »
What does everyone on here use for knee protection? I live in Canada and have the Air-Trekkers Extreme Calf Cuff model of Bocks. I see that some people use the guards that also protect the shin but my concern is that it would not work well under the Calf cuff. The cheap pads that came with it are falling apart and i have been looking at the rigid foam ones but they cost $50 for the lowest end models. I like the ones that also cover the shins because it would complete the Robo-Cop look i have going with my body suit and snowboard helmet.

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
Re: Knee pads
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 05:29:38 AM »
I wear full shin and knee pads under my calf cuffs, if anything I feel more comfortable and secure, not only can I pull that strap as tight as it will go, but the extra padding from the pads gives me plenty of comfort, I wore my bocks for 6 hours without the pads on and soon had painful bruises on the sides of my calf from where the end of the bolt is under the strapping, but that's an adjustment issue, move the bars a bit wider.

To answer the question full shin and knee are wonderfully comfortable, I actually use 661 downhill mountain biking race pads, fairly expensive but they have saved my bacon on my bike many a time and barely show any wear and tear. Not yet fallen off my bocks at all which is good.

Good luck with your decision!

~ Samarka  :Becky:

Got bocks, backfleep or broken face sometime in the future.....

Offline stewjoe

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 06:31:57 AM »

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 08:30:45 AM »
Those look like they will work a treat. Just be sure of where they are coming from, would hate for you to be ripped off.

Got bocks, backfleep or broken face sometime in the future.....

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 12:07:46 PM »
They do look right but I am always causious of buying from Hong Kong on ebay
Probably not a problem but it worries me

As your buying in America have a look at these instead they are in the states if you search for "Motocross knee pads" you will find loads

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ATV-dirt-bike-Motocross-Off-road-KNEE-ELBOW-GUARDS-pads_W0QQitemZ130341172386QQcmdZViewItemQQptZApparel_Merchandise?hash=item1e58f074a2

Also you get the elbow ones too (my elbow pads have saved me many times)

And don't forget Wristguards as they are the most important

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline stewjoe

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 05:22:31 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I found loads under motocross.