Author Topic: Hey guys! Wanna start!  (Read 3895 times)

Offline bouncybouncy

Hey guys! Wanna start!
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:22:40 PM »
Hey ther everyone, i've been meaning to get into this interesting sport for some time now and I think its about time I just buy some stilts and go for it.

I've read all the FAQs and think i'm all good with the basics, but I do have one lil question.

Does anyone know of a retailer down in the south of England? I'm currently in Reading and I don't mind travelling a little bit, maybe somewhere in London?

Yeah, i'm really impatient! Plus, I'm a lil bit funny and tend to prefer seeing things before I buy them.

Hope you guys can help!

Thanks!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Hey guys! Wanna start!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:26:24 PM »
no  shops really , all online ,  but there is a meet in basingstoke on saturday   pretty good chance some1 will let u have ago  un give u tips

how much u weigh?  un height?

or a gym session in portsmouth on sunday
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:30:35 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline bouncybouncy

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »
I'm 5 foot 9 and roughly 10.5 stone (have never been able to get the knack of kg).

I could pop down into Basingstoke, but I guess I'd rather give it a go with no one else around. Easily embarressed, you see...

Where abouts are the Basingstoke meet ups anyway? I used to live there and I've never seen anyone bocking.

I'll probably just end up ordering some stilts online in the end... I'm just too impatient.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »
embarressed? talk to rawrk.... reading meet last month ..... we handed her a pair of stilts outside the railway station   and that is when un where she learnt!!!

People will b amazed u even trying  not bothered how gud u r or not......just ignore the calls 4 'back fleeep' :Claugh:

mmm if i pull my finger out i 'may' b able to move a pair of hooves from a lite weight pair of stilts to a heavier ( but hoofless) pair of stilts that i got spare
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:49:45 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline bouncybouncy

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:49:39 PM »
Hahaha! Well, we'll see I guess... I might just order a pair and make a suprise appearance.

How often are Reading meets?

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 11:53:30 PM »
once a month......well there was 1 last month :Claugh:

chat with katie/ gizmoqueen      of the thames valley  she drivin it on the spot. Basically its all just getting organised (inbetween snow) in your area

Offline bouncybouncy

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 12:01:12 AM »
I'm a bit confused on the whole weight thing... I'm guessing i'll be going for the M70?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 12:08:49 AM »
Your about 67kg bouncybouncy so you are right on the limit for 70's as you are ment to go 10kg over your weight
You might be better to go for 80's (What does everyone else think guys)

At 5ft 9in your not overweight so you will probably gain weight as you build muscle

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 03:32:03 AM »
M80s :)

learning with a group is by far the most efficiant way of getting going on bocks. Projump
are also damn fast at sending them out. Order them before 1 ( that might be 2) tomoro and you could have them on friday!

Everybody starts at the same pkace. There is no shame in knowing nothing. Going to a meet will get you on your feet 3 times faster and advancing in no time.

:spudT:

Offline rawrk

• Rofl'd her copter.
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 02:28:38 PM »
Yeah, I learnt to walk outside Reading station, and walked all the way down to some other place, falling over infront of people, giggling, etcetc.
I was walking within 10mins or so? Something like that.

Anywho, I'll be willing to travel to Reading to bock, or there's a few meets in Basingstoke. :]
take what you love.
burn it down.

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 08:17:58 PM »
If I can make it Saturday, this will be my first proper attempt at using them.  I'm expecting to spend more time on my ass than stood up. Tee Hee.

I'm about 5'9 too, but a little rounder around the middle.  More like 85-90Kg.  I went for M100, as at my age, I'm not likely to get any lighter.

You would be welcome to try / use mine if you went bouncy, but I suspect they would be the wrong spec for you.  Maybe not to just get used to walking in.

I will be driving too by the way, in case anyone were to need a collecting.

Graham
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 09:32:43 PM »
hey..

you should try and make it too Saturdays meet.. and I agree with the others your're better off learning fellow Bockers.
And i can assure you won't be the only person falling over  :Cbiggrin:

My worse injuries were sustained the first time i attempted to Bock on my own. I did the straps up wrong- not giving me the correct leg support.

fellow onto my knees slamming the back of my thighs into the springs, took over a month for the brusies to heal. At least with friends you have people to catch or cushion your fall as you fall on em lol.

here a link to Basingstoke meet thread

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4372.0

Offline bouncybouncy

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 10:35:22 PM »
Well i'm going to try and come down... I'm gonna order my stilts tomorrow with Saturday delivery and hope that they actually come, and I'll most likely coming down.

Thanks for the help and advice guys, i'm still a big punky scardy cat though... As you'll all get to see!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 10:47:02 PM »
dont  worry , there is a vid somewhere of 'swebounce'... prob best on these things in world ... at a meet, he does this multiple flip type thing....then it cuts to me ( was  just a few mins l8er) doing a few 6 inch high jumps!!!

So really dont think u will b outclassed or  look silly...I  think ive got the medal for that already :Claugh:

Offline bouncybouncy

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 03:15:43 PM »
Hey guys... I've decided to hold of on the purchase. It was my payday today, which was a bit less than I thought.  :Cfrown:

But I'm gonna hang around here and I'll probably check out some of the meets between now and my next payday!  :Ctongue:

Hope i'm welcome!