Author Topic: Bocker-meets-unexpected-feline-fail  (Read 4184 times)

Offline mimster

Bocker-meets-unexpected-feline-fail
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:25:12 PM »
my very first fall. brilliant :)

tbh, it was also my very first time out on my own so it was BOUND to happen (see what i did there... *grins*).

however, i am eternally grateful to everyone who said wrist protectors were a MUST and i'm so pleased i invested in some good ones. not even a niggle in the wrist department, and considering it was a full on face-plant, "i have fallen" moment, i am highly impressed with them  :Claugh: the main issue once hitting the ground was that i have yet to master the "getting up unaided" maneuver. so after flailing around like some strange upturned turtle for a while, i had to resort to removing my bocks and staggering to the nearest bench in that well known i-meant-to-do-that fashion:Ctwitcy:

my knees are pretty banged up though *sad* although wearing jeans i have avoided any grazing. stupidly, i didn't purchase any knee pads  :Cno: might be time for another little shopping spree methinks. i got straight back on them and staggered home, but it has resolved that i must must MUST get out this weekend and learn how to get up in a slightly more elegant manner for the future  :Csmile:

now, i am off to fetch the frozen peas and clean off :D
"Life is a journey to Death but it’s not about driving safely and getting to the other side in a perfectly preserved beautiful body. Life is about skidding into the parking space of death sideways at 90 miles an hour, music blaring, chocolate in one hand, champagne bottle in the other, body completely battered and used up and screaming "HELL YEAH!" as you toss your keys to the Grim Reaper"

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
Re: Bocker-meets-unexpected-feline-fail
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 10:14:15 PM »
Good to hear you're ok and even better to hear that you carried on regardless! I have yet to join the faceplant bockers but I think if I start trying a bit harder I'll meet the floor soon enough!

Got bocks, backfleep or broken face sometime in the future.....

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 11:32:33 PM »
I'm sorry you were hurt...but I really enjoyed reading about it. ^_^ lol.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline stewjoe

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 05:01:57 AM »
Getting up is so easy after you do it a couple times. I cant believe i used to flail around like a turtle as well. Most people are more impressed with my getting up than my tricks.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 09:19:37 AM »
yeah getting up is THE most impressive thing for beginner bockers to do, and what i love is how many different variations of it ive seen.
great write up though, gold star  :Claugh:  :Nero:

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline rawrk

• Rofl'd her copter.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 01:46:50 PM »
You live in Berksss, *high fives*

And yes. I can't get up yet. I just have to sit on the floor and look cool for a while >_>
take what you love.
burn it down.

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 07:01:24 PM »
You live in Berksss, *high fives*

This. Also, aside from getting a hurt yourself, how're the bocks holding up? P: