Author Topic: trainer keeps moving  (Read 2784 times)

Offline bgirlmandy

trainer keeps moving
« on: March 07, 2010, 12:08:51 AM »
 hi
 hope sum1 can help me. i nearly went ass ova tit 2day and all coz my trainer /foot is not sitting on the foot plate. well it is wen im not jumping but im getting sum height now n my trainer is getting caught on the heel of the plate.so wen i land my foot isnt flat but my heel is up n no balance.

i have tried to explain it as best i could.
thanks guys
xx

Offline Bounce

Re: trainer keeps moving
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:43:39 AM »
Im no admin or out like these guys however i think i know what u mean, are your bindings tight enough/ wont go any tighter? if they are as tight as they go you might need to put somthing under you foot to boost the hight so you can get your bindings tighter you get me

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 01:09:54 AM »
Cut the straps of a flip flop and glue it to the footplate.

Or

If its only slightly loose, extra pair of socks or bigger shoes can help, walking boots are good, great support for your foot and theyre bigger so the bindings will fit snugly.

Got bocks, backfleep or broken face sometime in the future.....

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 09:58:35 AM »
yep  sounds like you are doing bindings up as tight as will go but still not tight enuff   So either

a/ put something between footplate and shoe, as suggested a flip flop sole, or similar firm closed sell foamy plastic

b/ thicker/chunkier shoes.... big sk8er trainers

c/ put some padding on the binding straps, if im using extra thin shoes such as converse, i fold up a tee shirt and place on top of foot b5 doing bindings up

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 11:03:35 AM »
I know exactly what you mean Mandy
I had the same problem and it really hurts when you land with your heel still on the top of the plastic heel guard bit

I found 3 thinks helped

Tighten the bindings right up (if they wont go tight enough make sure that they are on the tightest bolt holes)

Keep your heels down when you jump (pushing down with your toes will lift your heels)

And the one that cured it for me was wear stronger Thicker shoes (hiking type trainers were the best ) This stopped my heels lifting as the soles were stiffer

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »
i used to have the same problem what you need to do is go to your local skate shop and ask for some grip tape cut offs they will more than likly just give them to you the put the grip tape on the foot plate and the back heal plastic bit that worked for me but you do need to replace the tape evry now and then or bolt your shoes to the foot plates

Offline bgirlmandy

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 05:49:13 PM »
 thanks guys
  g8 ideas im gonna try these. let ya no how it gose

x x  :Cnotworthy: