Author Topic: Ankle load  (Read 3034 times)

Offline ominus

Ankle load
« on: March 13, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »
Hi,

as someone that just loves running (and I dont mean jogging) I am wondering if bocking is an option for me now that one of my ankles is causing me difficulty due to arthritic wear and tear. Is the impact load on the ankles less than normal running?

Any thoughts/experience appreciated.

Thanks, Om

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
Re: Ankle load
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »
i think it would be fine as impact hurts my ankles as well, and they are fine with bocking. the springs really take out pretty much all the impact.

jordan
NXTee.yolasite.com check it out.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 08:40:53 PM »
I would agree. I have once twisted my ankle so bad I could hardly walk on it but amazingly it was fine for bocking.

All you can do is try. It might be different for you.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:23:05 PM »
I was told by my doctor when I was about 19 to give up running as I kept fracturing the smaller bones on my lower leg

Been bocking regularly for 3 years and never had any problems so it works for me

I've also got a dodgy knee and that seems to get better when I bock regularly

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:36:19 PM »
 I was told i couldnt do any sport after my knee gave way doing a spin on ice ,was told my knee that allways gave way even after i had it sorted at the hospital was allways weak,but now bocking for 2 years no problems ,doc says its the weight of them making my legs stronger and the knees :Ctwitcy:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 12:51:36 AM »
I tore a tendon in my ankle a few months before getting my bocks. It's still not fully headed up, probbaly never will but anyhoo, I couldn't walk for 2 weeks, took about 3 months for me to be able to run (and not for long or without being wonky lol) but..I was bocking a few months in. Never caused me a problem. your ankles and legs are relatively stable in the bocks. Since I had a kinda lack of movement in my ankle the right way and too much in the wrong way it was pretty good. For bocking at least both feet are as good as each other :)

Anyhoo, yes, its less, if you are worried dont go too high over. some springs are are not over stiff will be nice and soft, much less than running on floor. If you go well over to save money ect the difference will become less...but still better compared to concrete.

btw tho, running on these is hard, it wont be the answer to continuing to run. It is much more hard work, nothing like normal running ect. You'd be lucky to do more than a mile. Run on marshes!

:spudT:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 11:16:09 AM »
i shattered my ankle bout 1 year ago and cant put sudden pressure on it but bocking is fine :)