Author Topic: What to do next?  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Newbie23

What to do next?
« on: March 27, 2010, 12:30:27 PM »
I can walk, run, jump from one foot to the other and yet i still cant do two foot to two foot jumps, and move forwards? Any ideas? :) :Cerr:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: What to do next?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 01:51:09 PM »
1st off, try and meet other bockers.  2nd try jumping off something, on landing  you will go foreward with the jump.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 06:35:49 PM »
Jumping on 2 feet (kanga hop) will come sooner than you think with a little experience.

Try to find a wall or a rail or something that you can hold on to with both hands and get more confidence jumping.

Offline stewjoe

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 08:25:21 PM »
I just started kanga-hopping. I can go a few feet high and a few feet forwards. I am a solo bocker so i had to learn on my own. I was out for about 10 times walking and jogging before i started to hop. Its scary to start doing it the first time but its easier than you think once you get a rhythm. The biggest thing is to use your arms to gain height and distance, so throw your arms up and forwards to jump and bring them down as you land, and try not to bend your knees too much. Also if you have good hooves hopping on grass works, i don't loose much height jumping on grass. Just watch out for evil death-leaves.

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 05:17:48 AM »
Death leaves, I've had those on my motorcycle, have you ever felt the front tyre scooch 6 inches sideways while doing 50 round a bend?

I can kanga hop, I actually find it hard to stay in one spot even when I'm trying to stay still xD

Got bocks, backfleep or broken face sometime in the future.....

Offline stewjoe

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 06:05:01 AM »
Ah, yes i have been there dirtbiking. Not fun. I was prepared for it though, dirtbiking in Canada is only dirtbiking half the year. The rest is snowbiking.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 07:32:17 PM »
Leaves are bad enough on a Motorbike but try Diesel

My front wheel scooched (Love theat word mate) about 5ft to the side in a very quick corner  :Claugh:
Broke the headstock on the bike and it was a trail bike  :Cbiggrin: You should have seen the bruise on my leg where the bike landed  :Claugh:

So if you bock on the road (crossing it I mean, not among the traffic of course  :Claugh:) watch out for diesel spills as they are evil too

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: