Author Topic: Unsure of weight category spring  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Bacon Miller

Unsure of weight category spring
« on: April 05, 2010, 05:36:59 PM »
So I've decided that come May, when I have enough money (birthdays FTW!) I would invest in a pair of Adult Pro-Jump+ stilts.
My problem though is that I'm unsure of which weight range I'll be ordering; I weigh around 74kg and am around 5'7''.
Since it's easter time, I expect that I've put on a couple pounds and I'm definitely still growing (I'm positive that my May I will be at least a bit taller ;D). I was thinking of ordering the M90s, but I'm worried that they will be too rigid and hamper my progress, although I don't want to bottom out the M80s too soon.

What is the difference in rigidity between the 80s and 90s?
Should I be worried about bottoming out too soon?

Cheers.

Offline Bounce

Re: Unsure of weight category spring
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »
well i got the hang of pro jumps pretty much straight away so i would go for the 90's because i was in the middle of a weight range like you and i  went to like 15kg up and mine are good and i still have room to perfect the jump and grow into. you hight does no matter

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:09:16 PM »
Thanks for the advice, Bounce. I'm definitely inclined to buy the M90s, even more so now.

Offline wolf

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »
lots of people have springs more than the 10kg weight difference, if you really want to get the best out of your stilts then going higher is fine, I have srings 20KG higher though thats because I lost weight lol but I can still use them fine

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:25:10 AM »
Cool, thanks for the advice guys. I'll be buying an M90. ;D

Offline Bounce

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »
no problemo haha

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 12:15:41 AM »
Hmmm I weight 11;9 and have M99 (not sure if they are 100 or 90's :P) but I can use 80's or 90's or 70's :P so doesnt really matter as long as you can bounce on them in my opinion :P
DC