Author Topic: London July 3rd (Postponed)  (Read 5397 times)

Offline Bacon Miller

London July 3rd (Postponed)
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
Ahoy!
So, to celebrate the end of exam season for a lot of people (including myself), I'm organising a meet in London. Link to the event on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110580818964579
Because my birthday is at the end of May, I will be buying a pair of M90s and of course, I'll be taking them with me. Originally, the meet was for DeviantArt folk, but I've decided to just make it open for anybody, as a general event to chill out at for friends and otherwise.

So, to celebrate the end of study leave (for most year 11s, anyway), there will be a Deviant Art (deviantart.com) meet up in London, starting at Trafalgar Square.
For the most part, it will just be for hanging out and feeding ducks (or drawing people feeding ducks for DA folk), but it could turn out differently.

The current idea is to meet in the middle of Trafalgar Square, wander over to the duck pond in St James Park and then go onto bigger and better things from there, before retiring for nibbles someplace around Trafalgar Square at around 7-8pm.

I'll add details about the event itself as well as weather and advice whether or not you will need wellies, trainers or shorts nearer the time.

It would also be a great idea for people to bring cameras and the like to document the event's shenanigans. You never know what might happen!

Contact me via;
Email: hickley@live.co.uk
Deviant Art: ~Laser-Toast
Facebook: Just message me directly or post on this event's wall My Facebook is "Steven Burnett"
Mobile: PM me for my mobile number

See you there!

UPDATE REGARDING EVENT DATE
After much consideration, I've decided to postpone the meet to Saturday July 10th (1 week after the original date).

Since this may mean that some of you won't be able to make it, and vice versa, please comment here or message/note me if you can/cannot make it as a result of this change (otherwise I will assume that you stand by the original confirmation status*).

Sorry for any inconvenience!

*that means that if you have replied saying:
a) I cannot attend
b) I may attend
c) I will attend
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:30:06 PM by Bacon Miller »

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
Re: London July 3rd
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:25:23 PM »
Hi Bacon Miller ! 

XD
can I ask how you came out with your name? you do know that people will be calling you "bacon" now at bock meets? brill.

Anyway yea this sounds good for me. Ill be there. as im sure alot of others will be too.

another thing - its not a really good idea to have your mob on here. you get all sorts of people ringing you up (i dont just mean bockers).... just say "PM for my mobile" then at least you have an idea of who is ringing you.

Ill have to find you on deviant too ^^;

Ciao

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »
Ahoy! Haha, being called Bacon is pretty funny.
How I got the name (Nerimon is just so awesome):

Thanks for the heads up over the mobile number! :P
You should definitely find me on DeviantArt, because we're all just so awesome over there. Hopefully the event is put up on #Britain (my friend, being an awesome mod, posted it).

Should be awesome if there's a good turnout. ^_^

Edit: huzzah for automatically embedded videos! Also, it'd be groovy if you could RSVP on the Facebook event, if you have a Facebook account. It just makes my life easier. :P
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:31:48 PM by Bacon Miller »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
a possible for me... erm what day is this?
Dont know St james Park v well ( hardly atall in fact) do you know of any good places  to bounce about on there?  Steps slopes blocks etc?

Have you checked out the 'walk for life' thread? Thats london 6th June and is a pretty big laff

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »
It'll be Saturday July 3rd. When I visited St James Park in January, the area looked like a good place to bounce, although there will be a lot of people without stilts, so we'll be mixing things up a bit.

I'll add you as a maybe to the list and I'll check out the walk for life thread.

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 07:54:26 PM »

LMFAO @ your video!!

So thats where Bacon Miller came from ey? what a name to choose!

you actually followed up on a spam email?? I've been tempted before, but didnt want to deal with people/situations who i knew were scam artists.
Although i have kept one of my spam emails from a couple of years ago, only because it was incredibly funny and continuously had GOD (in caps) throught the whole letter. (I will email you it!!!!)

XD

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:01 PM »
I hate to burst your bubble, but... it's not me (as much as I wish it were). :P I just sorta, well, stole that name. ^_^
But LOL to that spam email you got! I counted about 9 or 10 of those capital GODs! XD One time I followed up a spam email myself, but I didn't actually get a response back. :(

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 08:20:41 PM »
Might be worth planning another venue in case as the royal parks in London are sometimes a bit funny about people on stilts

It's not that they mind the ocasionl bocker or 20 but if you turn up with a lot and start jumping and tricking they are likely to move you on

Trafalgar is good but you will be restricted to the top section (We have many times been told this very swiftly) only managed to get down the bottom once and that was by invitation of EA Games holding an event there

There are loads of spots round London but it is best if you move around constantly as staying in most of them will attract the ubiqitous Security Guards

By the way what is deviant art sounds a bit naughty  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »
Well Jason, I went to London not too long ago and if there isn't an event going on then you can be anywhere, really (but I think that a pretty big thing is going on around the time of the meet, but once most of us are at Traf. Square then we will move swiftly on). As I said in a previous post, the day wouldn't be oriented around bocking, but it's a social event which will have a lot of non-bockers there. :P
We'll be moving around, that's for sure. The last Deviant Art meet I went to, we wandered around Traf. Square and a few miles out.

Also, Hyde Park is very close to Traf. Square, so we could wander up there and check it out for a bit. :)

Deviant Art is a website where people upload their artworks/poems/stories etc. ^_^ There are... some... naughty pics, let's say. :O

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
By the way what is deviant art sounds a bit naughty

lol  :Ctwitcy:

its not naughty its a site where people have their art portfolios on -
Im ~BexxyLuv on there ...I used it before I got my website

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 08:30:37 PM »
its not naughty

Depends where you look. :O

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 07:33:32 PM »
Most bocking meets usually end up being the same sort of theme (not planned but due to necessity)

It's a sort of bounce in an area and then when every one gets bored or tired or we get moved on we move to another area and start again

I can bock in London every day as I work near Covent Garden and get out at lunch time

Trafalgar is great but when your on stilts the security guards are very definate the lower area by the fountains is private land and the chuck us off as soon as we touch the stairs  :Claugh: but they leave us alone on the top section (a lot of the first CB was held there)

The south bank is another spot that is fantastic to bock on and I think I've been chucked off of there about 5 times  :Claugh:

I'll check out the web site sounds like fun

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 09:03:57 PM »
Haha, I didn't know that the lower part of Traf. Square was private land! But I know that the lower bit will have a concert stage set up there (a parade is gonna be finishing with a big party a couple hours after we meet), so we may have to migrate to the upper section anyway before moving on.

And yeah, the website is quite cool. Loads of awesome people and most of the people coming to London will be from there. :)

Offline Bacon Miller

Re: London July 3rd (Postponed)
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
Updated the original post.

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »
Just a reminder that the meet is tomorrow for those that wanna come. :) Should be nice weather. ^_^

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 06:17:39 PM »
If more than one or two people are going, I'll try to come.

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »
Loads of people are coming. At least 20, iirc and upto about 40

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 08:55:07 PM »
The meet was great fun (a good 20 ish people turned up), although I was the only one with stilts. D:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 07:47:11 AM »
bet u stood out   arf arf

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 11:45:39 AM »
Haha yup. I let other people have a go though, and 1 guy just stood up on them and was running and bouncing within 5 minutes. :D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 07:09:53 PM »
yep  ive met peeps like that too.....just h8 um dontcha?   :Ctwitcy:

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 11:54:05 PM »
Haha I was green with envy