Author Topic: Somethings loose, and I'm a 'lil skittish  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Butters

Somethings loose, and I'm a 'lil skittish
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:55:06 PM »
Ok, so i've pretty much mastered walking  :Csmile: ok, i lied.  i sometimes clip my feet, but i can now hop foot to foot, jog and gain a tiny bit of air lol. Now comes my problem, something definately feels loose, I've found the pivot on the bit directely under the foot plate has a wobble, which i can definetly feel when i'm on them. not sure if it's safe to use em, or if i should get 'em fixed.... problem is, the nuts and bolts there are so tight a Arnie 'n' Chuck Norris lovechild would struggle.

Fixes anyones?

Thanks in advance
--==| Butters |==--

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: Somethings loose, and I'm a 'lil skittish
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 02:49:37 PM »
Sounds to me like there is a small gap between the foot plate the spring, just shove some carboard in and it will be fine :P
DC

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:56:24 PM »
Did you tighten them up? Tightening them will do more harm than good. If you have over tightened them then best too loosen it a little bit (or get somebody with muscles to do it for you) The most likely cause is worn bushings. They are only made of plastic and without proper maintenance wear quickly. I'd suggest you order some new bushings for projump and swap them with the loose ones and buy some silicone spray. Before you go out, if you can just give all the joints a quick spray before you go out and you will find they last longer in the future.  If the movement is only slight you should be fine using them. Just as long as the bushing is still there. But...it will need fixing.

Oh..and yeah..like what DC says. Check you still have all of the white spacers. One more thing. Really try to find out where the movement is coming from. If you pull the stilts around a bit you will usually feel or see it. Might be able to help more then.

Offline Butters

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »
just checked, it's a side to side movement on the pivot beneath the footplate... its really offputting, because i can feel it move. will upload some pics inna bit.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 09:24:39 PM »
How old are they and how much use have they had

By the pivot unter the footplate do you mean the top one right under the footplate or the one in the middle of the spring (opposit ends of the same bit of ally )

Pics would be helpful but odds on it's the bushings that have worn

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: