Author Topic: Original comment atlast, and topical  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Original comment atlast, and topical
« on: April 21, 2010, 08:01:33 PM »
'Whats it like up there with all the ash?'

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Original comment atlast, and topical
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 08:24:03 PM »
Bad news is it sandblasts your engine  :Claugh:

Good news is the dust is Pummice so if you stick your feet out the window of the jet it will take the hard skin off your feet  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »
I feel sorry for all the house wives in Iceland...God they must have a lot of cleaning to do now  :-[

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
windscreen of my car is a tad grimmy too   mayb the ash, not normally that bad after 3 days of not being used

I think i read the last eruption lasted 10 months!!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:10:52 PM »
I have said it from the start. NATS over reacted much to quickly. Fair enough, at the start they knew little about it and what the risk could be. This should have only of been a very temporary measure while tests were carried out, airspace corridors set up and a lot of flights resumed. They would have been able to navigate planes through ash free areas or below the height of it quite easily.

Now..These 'no fly' rules didn't stop me taking to the skies over the weekend and much general aviation continued. With the exception of the military gliding/flying squadrons. Note: gliders do not have engines that may stop, military gliders are not cleared above 8,000ft. The ash was higher than 8,000ft. The argument was that ash could get in the instrument systems. Now...the rest of the year the same risks are there. Bugs are the worst and there are all sorts of dust an debris! haha..my ship was dustier from being in the hangar than sitting outside!

Btw...we didnt break no rules by flying since we are not in 'proper' airspace. All of the 'proper' airspace was actually deregulated to the airspace we use and would have allowed us to fly over london, big ben, anywhere we had liked without any radio licence.

The whole of aviation has over reacted. If there was a serious risk then the airspace would not have opened last night. And imo, without the pressure BA applied it would have continued. They knew it was ok...I think that they knew they over reacted and were playing the situation up so they didn't look like idiots. As soon as BA put the pressure on they knew it would be worse....People are annoyed, would take much for BA to make NATS/met office and CAA look like a bunch of monkeys..

I just hope a repeat of this never happens again (unless it is an epic gliding day - in which case big ben here we come) First glider to land at heathrow??

Also, in terms of dirty cars. remember how dry it has been :)

:spudT:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 09:20:30 PM »
ooo wow .  un but remember cars   I dont normally have to tunr windscreen wipers on after a few hot days cos window so dusty and have thick dark lines down side of windows as a result

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 09:28:45 PM »
ah well it has only really rained like twice here in the last 2 weeks and one of those days was today. But you know..there is bound to be some ash about.

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 10:11:04 PM »

Ash stop shutting down our airports :Ccry:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »
the jokes are great :)

'You'll prob be aware of the groundings of most air traffic today due to the reported dust / ash cloud from Iceland - Well it turns out the the dust cloud didn't come from Iceland.
A NUFC club spokesman has refused to comment on claims that the source of the dust cloud covering parts of Europe was in fact from St.James' Park and not Iceland as previously thought. Cleaners preparing the trophy cabinet for the expected arrival of the Championship trophy on Tyneside next week have been blamed for the release of ancient material.'

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/environment/met-office-finally-blamed-201004202655/

But lol ^^ haha pokemon!

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 11:18:06 PM »
OMFG, I have so many jokes, but I am not sure if they are alowed :S
DC