Author Topic: My first video!!  (Read 4293 times)

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
My first video!!
« on: April 22, 2010, 01:55:44 PM »
Had them
a week today, made this last night. Need toget my camera out instead of using my.
phone. Will have another go tonight.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:18:35 AM by daveydoodoo »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: My first video!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 04:44:10 PM »
hi and thanks 4 sharing,  erm is that a house 4 sale or a labour supporter in your road?

Running is pretty smooth, but i think you will agree the jumping needs a lil work.

1st off id say what im always shouting at my gym meets ' stop looking down!!'  Tipping yourhead foreward really throws your weight foreward. Thats  the reason you r all out of control after a few bounces.  I keep threatening to get a medical neck brace 4 noobs.

u might want to try jumping off things , so u dont have to bother with the tricky '1st bounce', but have the momentum and work on style.

if that makes any sence  :Cbiggrin:

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:59:49 PM »
Hey Bbmthbloke,

Yeah it is a Labour Board, you must ave good eyes, I just looked out my window to check and took me a while to focus on it.

So head up, I'll give that a go in a sec. Not really much to jump off round here, it's norfolk so dead flat!! Lol. I'll have a look around tonight when I go out, see what I can find. Plus I've got to try our the Mk3 Hoofies I just got off Jason, see what they are like.  :Cyes:

Camera is on charge atm, so hopefull have a better quality image from tonights session.

Thanks for the feedback.

Davey

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:19:23 PM »
a guy I work for lives in a VVV tory area  and as a laff and to wind the neighbours up contacted the Labour Party.... he has now got the labour candidates mobile number  and he is comming round himself to put a sign in his garden   ooo wot games.

Yep Ive been to Norwich  tis flat.....but u can bounce around the UEA campus..its a lil better than the curb, in fact its quite good :Cbiggrin:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 09:04:05 PM »
The UEA campus is good. There are some nice spots in the city center too but the rest...meh...pot holes, slopes - its rubbish! If you can find a flat area you are doing better than me :D

You look like you are doing well with the running but when it comes to jumping it looks like you are trying to do it the same way as you do on your feet. Look up a bit, forget jumping up and focus on compressing the spring down. Hold on a wall or fence to practice so you can get a feel for the spring compression. Oh..and don't forget jumping up completely. Throwing your arms can help and the landings are important too :D

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?page=Jumping-Tutorial

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 09:46:31 PM »
lookin foward to more vids :Csmile:

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
Hey Folks,

Thanks for all the feedback, we live near a school, so there is a mass amount of flat concrete.

Been out jumping again tonight and took my first fall, was just off camera, which I was disappointed with. Would have been good to capture the moment.

But straight back up (I've learnt how to stand up from the ground)  :Ctwitcy:

And jumping again, getting a bit more height, trying to get my arms in time is the hard bit just seem to flap them around and hope for the best, which looks silly.

I'll keep at it, and see where it goes.

Plus I'm well impress with the MK3 hoofies, was on them for ages and not a mark on them yet. Thanks Jason  :Cbiggrin:

Also the other half had a go tonight, and she walked (with help) all the way down the road.  :Cyes:

Davey.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:22:38 AM by daveydoodoo »

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 12:25:54 PM »
Great vid...if you eat a lot of carrots :Claugh:
Try flood light next time or even a set of xmas fairy light all over you so we can see which bit is doing what! LOL.

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Bounce

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »
looks good but it looks like to me when your bending  your legs its absorbing some of our bounce and not going so high. And i think someone has said for higher bouncing use your arms, i havnt got the hang of the arm bit yet either haha

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
It's hard to get your arms to be in the right place at the right time. I'll keep trying, keep recording, and hopefully get there. They are improving slowly, have come on in leaps and bounds!! Haha.

I'll try and find a lighter place to record tonight, as last video was a bit dark, it looked ok on my camera last night before I added it to.

Davey

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »
Your technique has improved. Somebody else said it. you are absorbing some of the bounce with your knees. Try to keep them straighter for longer and you should get more height, instead of just your knees getting the benefit ;) Do you live near sainsburys/dussendale?

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 09:09:51 PM »
Your technique has improved. Somebody else said it. you are absorbing some of the bounce with your knees. Try to keep them straighter for longer and you should get more height, instead of just your knees getting the benefit ;) Do you live near sainsburys/dussendale?

I live about a mile away from sainsburys. Why?

I've still been praticing, got a bit more tape and getting better and higher, found a bike shelter to hold onto while I jump to try and get used to it which has helped.

Been praticing jumping without the stils to trun and get my arms right, and keeping my head up.

Again, thanks for all the tips. It's all good fun.

Davey

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:07 PM »
No reason :D My bearings are not too good. I was just seeing if I had the right idea lol.

Post another vid soon, would be good to see how you are getting on (in the light)  :Claugh:

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 10:49:53 PM »
Lol, it looked ok on the camera, but uploaded it via usb, just got myself a firewire port and the same video looks so much better, but the file size is massive, will have to have a play and see what I can do.   :Csmile:

Davey

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 07:21:41 AM »
If you try holding onto lamppost it will keep your body straight and will give you the basic tecknique for jumping :)
DC

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 04:50:02 PM »
whats the cats name?

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »
Sorry for the delay in the reply, didn't see that you had asked.

The cat is called Speckle, she's just turned 3. I only wanted to put one frame in of her but windows movie maker wouldn't let me.

I've got another video!! Recorded today, same location, but better lighting!! Think I'm getting the hang of it. My one leg take offs are a lot better, follow-up jumps need improving still not keeping my legs stiff enough, but practice, practice, practice.

Let me know what you think.

Davey