Author Topic: Knee Straps???  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Bradders

Knee Straps???
« on: June 03, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I have just bought some pro jump standard bocks and am tottering around getting used to them and its all fun so far!
Problem I am encountering is that I am finding the standard knee straps quite uncomfortable!
I have seen add-ons such as the Pinhead straps but wondered if you guys had any advice as to the best solution to what must be a commom problem?
Also where in London do regular bockers meet up to practise and swap tips etc
Many thanks

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Knee Straps???
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »
1st   r u wearing shorts?  If so and its chaffing your are getting, try wearing 'athletic knee supports'  or to be cheap , try cutting the feet off a pair of footie sox and pulling them up around the knee.

2nd, how thick are your legs?  If they are thin, then try 'padding out' the knee bars, plumbers insulating foam tubes work then tape them in place

3rd yes these 'straps' work really well. If need be   just get a roofrack webbing strap and cut 2 lengths and tie/wrap around legs/stilts

But have a look around the 'mods' section

Meet in LNDN?  well if you are free it would be difficult to do better if you popped along to Tower Bridge on Sunday and Walk for Life. You dont have to take part  but there will be loads of us there ( all abilities) and there is loads to do

Indeed the southbank area from here to the london eye is quite a [popular spot I believe

Offline stuart133

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:28:49 PM »
The calf cuffs are significantly better and worth the money IMO. They hold your leg a lot better, and are nicely padded :)

They are also fine with shorts.

Offline Bradders

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 05:04:02 PM »
Thanks for your helpful comments.
I checked out the mods section and there are some easy to follow instructions there so I will have a go at the dog-collar adaption first off!
I was wearing shorts so ur right it was chaffing but it felt that I had to have the original straps tight to feel secure...
I would have thought that the PJ's would have come provided with a system that held you secure without having to make modifications?
I bought my girlfriend PJ calf cuffs and did try hers and you are right Stuart they did feel more comfortable.
Can't make Sunday unfortunately as working on a Boat on the Embankment but if you're walking near Blackfriars Bridge I'll give you a wave!
Have a great day - the weather is supposed to be hot dry and sunny.

BTW have any bockers taken part in the Firday Night Skate or Sunday Stroll with the rollerbladers? They go at quite a pace but I would have thought the more experienced of you would be able to keep up... Friday 15 miles Sunday about 6 miles www.thefns.com
cheers

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »
Hi,

Our route on Sunday does go past Blackfriars bridge, but on the south side of the river and not the Blackfriars side.

We'll wave as we go past.

:Csmile:
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 08:34:27 PM »
ive seen the 'bladers a few times on my trips to london now.  but whilst we can get up to those speeds, only 4 short sprints really.

but gotta say it looks like london may be comming to 'bocking' life atlast.

re calfcuffs  ive just gone back to bars   and an liking them,with pinhead straps.   ooo un nowt against 'cuffs  but i had pj 1's for my 7 league stilts  and  they dont 'work'

But big plus is quickness 2 put on and off

Offline Bradders

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 10:33:18 AM »
Is pinhead still selling his straps?
I did try his website link but it didn't work!
Thanks

Offline CJ

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 11:49:16 AM »
not at the moment he currently is having a break from making stuff

Offline Xylifrost

Knee Straps
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 06:09:50 AM »
I have a interesting question.  I have been running several years but only short distances of 3 to 4 miles a run about 3 to 4 times a week.  Once or twice a year I will run a 10K for fun.  I have for the last several year had knee pain on the top of my knee cap, I purchsed some knee straps that fit around your leg just below your knee.  They prevent the knee from dropping and thereby reducing or elimenating the pain.  Since I have bought these straps I have no pain while running.  That all sounds great the question is this year I have it in my head I want to run a marathon, so Im am starting training.  I dont know if these knee straps will hold up over a really long run.  I was wondering if anybody else has some experience with this matter.

Thanks.