Author Topic: Groups and Shizzle  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Rog

• TGN
Groups and Shizzle
« on: June 03, 2010, 03:27:29 PM »
So I just got some Bocks and I was looking for some people to bock with, because my friends are boring, and you guys seemed like the closest group to me. (I live in Staines and you have met up there before). However all the threads look to be at least a 3 months old so I'm kind of dubious as to how active you guys are.

So yeah, have bocks will travel.

Offline spawnyb

Re: Groups and Shizzle
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 04:18:44 PM »
Hi Rog,

Welcome to the forum, and the world of bocking.

Clive of the Banned Bockers holds regular indoor and outdoor meets in Hanworth, and also surrounding area all the way into London.

They did one last weekend, and to be honeest I think they tend to arrange them every other weekend if not more often.

The is also a very good crowd in and around Basingstoke / Reading / Newbury (TV (Thames Valley) Bockers) who I travel to meet up with every now and then.

Between those 2 groups, I suspect you would be able to meet up with someone most weekends you wanted.

Hope this helps.

Bu the way, are you around this weekend to visit the walk for life?  Even if too early to Bock or you're not free all day, might be worth a quick visit to see and say Hi to some of the guys going.

Graham
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline Rog

• TGN
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 04:54:42 PM »
I am unfortunately not free this weekend, but I will be free nearly every weekend this summer and I'm really looking forward to getting involved in the communities. I'll take youyr advice and seek out the meetings.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »
Hi Rog

The Hanworth Banned are just up the road from staines

You are welcome to come to any of our meets

We used to bock in staines quite often but got a lot of stick from some chavs that seem to have taken up residence there but we still do go occasionally

We have a lot of local hanworth meets and I have walked on bocks from Hanworth to staines (Took about an hour or so)

There are also buses that go direct and it is not long in a car and I sometimes have to go to staines just before a meet so could give you a lift

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Rog

• TGN
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 07:37:25 PM »
I would most likely catch the train to feltham and then walk from there to wherever the meet is if a lift wasn't available. I'm definitely up for whenever the next one is (I see I just missed one, boo). I need some tuition big time. :)