Author Topic: I have a problem...  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Sam-pro-stilt-Bessey

I have a problem...
« on: June 05, 2010, 02:19:11 PM »
I can backflip on trampolines, i can also backflip on trampolines with ankle weights that weight the same as my stilts. However, for some reason i just dont have the balls to try it on my stilts unaided...

I even went to the lengths of improvising myself a harness in my local forest and did loads like that. Some where more me than the rope, i only gripped as i was comin round to land "basically cos it felt like i was going to travel or fall over". So goin over my head and most of the way round was, like said. All me and not a problem...

Was i able to then try it without ? no lol at one point it seemed like the harness was working, i felt like i was learnin some valuble things in order to eventually try it unaided. But the last couple of visits to this place have gone realy bad, i cant even do my flips in the harness anymore... sounds unbelieveable lol

Basically, iv gone an bought a climbin belt which im goin to attach to my improvissed harness to see if that will help me grow some balls in order to try it. But i was woundering...
Do you think not havin anyone to train with an to laugh my failures off with may be effectin my progress ? Or am i just makin excuses for my pu**yness ? lol
if so, any tips for confindence gaining would be emence :Cbiggrin:

Additional, i can also backflip of the roof of my car with no nervs at all, and even off of even higher platforms. Maybe i need to start practisin flips of off lower things ? Gahhh, i dont know
Regards
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 02:21:19 PM by Sam-pro-stilt-Bessey »
There comes a time and a day, where even the best can fall...

Offline Birt

Re: I have a problem...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 03:15:02 PM »
have you tried it unaided with a crash matt? that could help

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 03:22:09 PM »
I havent no, i dont have accsess to a gym that will let me bring in my stilts. As they only book bagmintin courts  :Cfrown:

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 09:39:36 PM »
There is a couple of things that I can Identify with here, The stilts do take away a lot of confidence, in anything you do. We have found that, even with the crash mats in the gym, it takes a little time to build up the confidence to try something each time we go. And it only takes 1 scary slip up to shatter that again. But in the long run, looking back over the times we have been going to the gym we have all improved though it doesn't seem so at the time.
Finally, Have others to train with does push you along greatly.
So its time to find someone to bock with and a gym to do it in.

Good luck & keep trying  :Cyes:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 03:29:39 AM »
Ok dude, thanks  :Cbiggrin: even though i live in lowestoft im travelin to a meet in london next sunday where there will be loads of other people i can learn from. An hopefully achive the things i try, Im determined not to let it beat me. EWven if i just have to chip away at it real slow lol

Regards

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »
Are you in contact with the EA bockers?
They are around the Norwich area quite a bit and quite a few of them can do backflips and would be able to offer you tips and support.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
I think you need to spend a little time with someone who can backflip on stilts.
I reckon about 10 mins seeing them do it will make you toughen up and just go for it.

As long as you rotate enough (which you obviously know how to do second nature) then really the only danger is you wont make it all the way over in which case your feet will hit the ground and you'll go down on your knees. I've done that heaps of times. Most of the time it doesnt hurt and when it does it just makes you try harder next time :)

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 03:15:13 PM »
I think you need to spend a little time with someone who can backflip on stilts.
I reckon about 10 mins seeing them do it will make you toughen up and just go for it.

As long as you rotate enough (which you obviously know how to do second nature) then really the only danger is you wont make it all the way over in which case your feet will hit the ground and you'll go down on your knees. I've done that heaps of times. Most of the time it doesnt hurt and when it does it just makes you try harder next time :)

I think your right acually, at first i thought i was just making excuses. Like the time i started flippin off my car an stuff, wasnt able to do it anywhere eles other than a trampoline until a friend came along and did it... which then made me mentally stronger to try it =-p

Hopefully this meet on sunday will make a man out of me and things will happen lol

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 09:23:06 PM »
Your in lowestoft drive down to bury and meet us EAs we will get u doing flips

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 09:25:39 PM »
Your in lowestoft drive down to bury and meet us EAs we will get u doing flips

When you guys next hookin up ?  :Cbiggrin: