Author Topic: Unsure Weather To Buy? help needed  (Read 1770 times)

Offline andyb313

Unsure Weather To Buy? help needed
« on: June 10, 2010, 09:33:57 PM »
Hi all,
I have always been into extreme sports ect and somehow i have only just found out about these!

I have found a pair that i want to buy but do not want to get ripped off or buy the wrong ones.
I have requested he finds out the spring strength for me ( i know they are adult ), Are there different feet sizes?

Also i am about 11 stone i think but im gonna double check. What would be the highest/ lowest strength strings. Im mainly gonna be doing front and backflips and going for high jumps off ground. Not jumping off of high objects.

sorry you have to copy and paste this link or it wont workhttp://cod6gtmod.angelfire.com/projump.JPG

Do these look like they are worth 80?

Sorry about all the questions but do they break very often and are parts easy/expesive to replace?

last one lol, what is with the tire people put around them?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:36:07 PM by andyb313 »

Offline FunkyCowie

Re: Unsure Weather To Buy? help needed
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 11:20:14 PM »
You weigh 70 Kg so you need 80kg springs or 90's if your fit.

Springs cost £75 for a new set or £45 for a single one if you get them from the pro-jump site. They can be broken frequently but it depends on how you use/abuse them.
Parts list: http://www.pro-jump.co.uk/sitepage/Adult-ProJump-Parts.html

The tires are extra protection for the springs to reduce/stop damage.

I would get brand new unless you know what your buying and looking for regards wear and tear.

Offline stuart133

Re: Unsure Weather To Buy? help needed
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »
Most spring breakage is due to the springs knocking together, so the tires are vital. That is another reason to buy new, the springs could already be damaged.

The frames last for ages if you keep them tight and well maintained, and the springs begin to go soft after about a year or two, depending on use and protection.