Author Topic: what sise to get  (Read 1896 times)

Offline buooo9

what sise to get
« on: June 13, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »
i weigh 63 killograms and am unsure what sise pro-jumps to get.
can someone help.

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
Re: what sise to get
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 06:46:15 PM »
i would say 80, but most people will correct me on that. if you have good leg muscles then you should go for 80 as im 43kg and on 60kgs

hope this helps

jordan
NXTee.yolasite.com check it out.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:13:13 PM »
The thing is jordan is that it works out differently for everybody. Personally, I don't think bocking has all that much to do with strength, it is a lot more about technique and that is something harder to learn on stiffer springs. Some people like you maybe will take to it quickly, but not everybody will so going to far over may not always be the best advice.

Buooo, I think I read in another thread that you want to try some first, best thing to do is find a local group, speak to them and go to a meet. Bockers are quite nice people and I'm sure somebody will let you try them out. See how you take to them andmaybe try a set of both 70's & 80's to see what you get on with them.

Otherwise just consider the pro's and cons of each. 70's will be easier to learn on but you may need to upgrade sooner. 80's will be harder to learn on but will last a longer. You can't go to far wrong, it really depends on how to you take to it and you won't know that until you have tried or got them. Do you have any past gymnastics, parkour or trampoline experience?

:spudT:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 08:40:48 PM »
im not the big expert on this bit, why i didnt reply earlier..wasnt being rude honest.  But Ill basically go with Spud. 7o's would seem right  but if you get to meet up and bounce about regularly with others you may progress rapidly and require a heavier weight sooner.

Tho by progress I mean be able to do more complex and difficult stuff....not have more fun!!!!  We all get that , even just wobbling about.

But another thing to ask is your age and gender.  If you are say 13-4 and aiming to have stilts for a birthday in 2 months. Your weight could be a great deal diff by then or within a few months after. If a 'ladee' Id deff say lower weight. Males 'tend' to be more agresive with these things ( and most everything) and get over the 'weight barrier' better.

Offline buooo9

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:18:21 PM »
Ty guys I'll try and find a group near me.
Great advice :Cbiggrin: