Author Topic: Pro-Jump Website  (Read 9621 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Pro-Jump Website
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:31:39 PM »
Hi all,

We are hoping to change the Pro-Jump website soon and I am hoping that you all will help by providing feedback on the following:

1. What don't you like about the current site?

2. What do you think is nice about the current site?

3. What features should be added to any new site?

4. What kind of look and feel should be used?

A recent site upgrade of ours was www.GhostBikes.com any features currently on there can be added to any new Pro-Jump site and any new suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
Naz

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Pro-Jump Website
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:51:25 PM »
Ok I might not be the best to answer this as I am still on the old theme  :Claugh:

But here goes

1. I love the current site in most ways except the Gallery bit (more later)

2. I still like the old 7dana theme and find it easiest to navigate (It is bright, simple and easy to read) the way the headings are laid out on the home page is nice and easy to find what you want and uncluttered

3. The one feature I would love to see is a galley page that shows the last 30 or so posted images as I find that sometimes it is easy to miss some really good pics when a lot of people post after meets and they are posted in different gallerys

4. I like the "Family" feel  we have here as it attracts the sort of person that need help with there first stilts and that is fun to do
I know that some people do get anoyed when Newbees ask what they concider silly questions but that is what this site is about

Just looked at the Ghostbikes site and gotta admit it looks good
I like the colurs scheme(easy to read) and it looks easy to find what you want

So to sum up all I would like is a recent pics page or category

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »
i take it your on about the retail site and not the forum?

I would make the boxes a bit more distressed, keep the current theme or feel, with the ripped edges etc, but just go for it a bit more, A newer, bigger louder header ala the gb site would give it the kick it needs.
Get rid of the "welcome to the pro jump store" bit, and just have a huge colourful header.

other than that i dont think theres much to change

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:21:17 PM »
Thanks guys, yes was talking about the retail site but thanks for your forum review Jason as well :D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:07:20 PM »
Right  :Claugh:

Old, forgetful, and now I have a firm hold on the wrong end of the stick  :Claugh:
Must admit I was thinking surely they have just updated the forum but I do loose track of time at my age  :Cbiggrin:

I visit the PJ website when I need to buy somat but I think it would look very good if you used the Ghostbikes style

Now where are my glasses  :Claugh:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 11:01:52 AM »
I 'think' I located no less than 10 places that I could click on with a view to buying some stilts on the home page!!  At the extreme right of the menu line ( I think thats what its called), There is a 'videos' icon. But below that  line, on the right hand side is a video to be clicked on, below that is 'more videos', there is a seperate picture gallery!

Do you get the idea? Tooo many words. Too much duplication.  But at the same time not 1 clear picture of some1 using these things :Cnah:.

Start out with the aim of removing 80 % of the words from the front page ( tho by all means put them on other pages). And add colour and movement.  On Ghost Bikes you have the slide show of products. Do that for the pj's  but alternate plain pix of the product with people using them. It should work OK as people dont linger too long on such a site, unlike the forum ( where i think it would be irritating).

Combine the video and stills gallery into ONE place.

Not to as great a degree but there is are 'too many words' and 'duplication' issues on the forum too.

Soz  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 12:33:59 PM »
The current website looks like something you would find around 2005, I think you need to make it look more new and 'web 2.0'ish' if you get my jist.
I like a lot of the elements on the Ghostbikes site, so I would suggest using that design for inspiration.
You should also make it easier to navigate as-well, and I think a blog of some sort would be good, as it would be interesting to see behind the scenes of Pro-Jump and learn about the latest news or whatever.

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
I wouls agree with Jason if I could insert his quote???
Anyway GB site looks good so could be the way to go, but please keep it clear and easy to find what you are looking for quickly.
But just to be a balanced voice, the current PJ site loads quickly on older slower machine and Mobiles which is more than can be said for GB site. :Cyes:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 12:59:24 AM »
Yes the Gb site should be a lot faster, hopefully we shall sort that soon, and the projump site should not be as image heavy so should be a lot faster (so she hopes!)

Offline winli

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 08:52:09 AM »
Ok I might not be the best to answer this as I am still on the old theme  :Claugh: :Claugh:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »
What kind of eccomerce websites that are web 2.0 that you like the look, feel and userbility for?
Some links would be great!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 09:11:42 PM »
Don't know about the web 2.0 bit Naz (not very good with web tech)

But I do know what I like and find easy to use so hope this is the sort of thing

http://www.paddockspares.com/

Bit I find really handy is the bar down the left side that points you to the pages you need and makes finding things you need easy

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 09:45:23 PM »
Jason that is difficult with forum templates as there is alot you need to put into them, so it won't fit like that :S

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 09:58:13 AM »
DC we're not talking about the forum, we're talking about the projump website where you buy the stilts.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »
Ah that makes sence, :D ooo do it like Ebay :P

Offline garner

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 03:07:01 PM »
At present everything in this site looks good some of the great features are:

1} it is categorized in systematic order which can be understand by a layman also.

2} the most lovable thing in the current website is sharing latest news and hottest link.

Compare to pro jump ghostbikes look fantastic I suggest you add the features of this site so that it will look attractive.