Author Topic: the (maybe last?) Aubria report  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Birt

the (maybe last?) Aubria report
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:45:33 PM »
I went to aubria with a friend of mine. at the end of our holiday in czech republic. we dropped of another friend at the airport so we arrived the second day and missed the opening party. no problemo, we joined the group at the shopping center and went to the athletic stadium afterwards.
in the late afternoon we went to a gigantic outdoors swimming pool. after about an hour there aubria was basicly over.

a czech guy was pulled out of the water and after several minutes of cpr an ambulance came to pick him up. nobody spoke to us as a group but after some time it was clear we should go to the athletic stadium again. there we got the announcement that aubria was now officially cancelled. we could stay and use the stadium but nothing would be organised for us. we also could get a refund.

so my friend and me got back some money, but not much. we still payed more than 40 euros each for just one night and a bit of swimming (which we were told was actually for free). we didn't even get our welcome gifts (t-shirt and such).

so we made our own little aubria with the people from Hoff Riser (french team) and went back to prague to bock in the city! we had fun there and went to a club at night. the french are still in prague and drove back home today.

so we had a lot of fun on our holiday, but it ended a bit different from what we expected. what happened is very sad (when we left for prague, we heard the guy was still in critical condition. after more than 10 hours this probably means he will have permanent brain damage or worse at this point) and we fully understand the impact and tragedy of this situation. but we also know this happens everywhere and regret the fact that they ended aubria this way. there was a lack of communication and organisation. if there will be an aubria next year, it will be without us.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: the (maybe last?) Aubria report
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »
What exactly happened to him? It would be good to know for future reference.

Offline Birt

Re: the (maybe last?) Aubria report
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:41:20 AM »
we don't know. nobody told us.