Author Topic: Had another accident  (Read 2680 times)

Offline FunkyCowie

Had another accident
« on: August 07, 2010, 09:28:56 AM »
I would have posted this in the injury section but its not a bocking one, I was hit in the left side rear whilst making a left turn into my works car park on my scoot by a car. The driver drove off after a discussion leaving no details or anything, luckily a co-worker got the license plate and the accident should show on a company cctv camera as there is one facing the entrance to the car park. I am basically ok, just a bit shaken, now I have a dodgy knee and my back is uncomfortable... so no bocking for a while...  :Cno:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Had another accident
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 11:44:51 AM »
You have got him bang to rights mate

Leaving the scene of an accident is a real nasty one and can result in loss of license and silly insurance as it is then classed as Hit and Run which is classed as a criminal act

In extreme cases it can result in jail time so get the police involved asap

Even if it was on private ground (eg car park ) it can be persued as a case of aggravated assult with a car which is just as nasty

Hope it feels better soon

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »
the second I read 'Had another accident' I knew it was Rob :P and I thought it was a urine related issue :P
DC

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:53:04 PM »
Police were on the scene in under 10 minutes as was an ambulance all though I didn't really need it, insurance and solicitors are all sorted as is hire bike and pick up of my Nexus for inspection... although my hire bike is a Kymco 125 Agility... which I have a strong feeling I will not get on with as it is likely my knees will get in the way so will probably refuse and press for like for like as that's what I pay my insurance for.

the second I read 'Had another accident' I knew it was Rob :P and I thought it was a urine related issue :P
DC

Eh  ???

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 10:44:13 AM »
still can't bock... and even though the incident was three weeks ago the police appear to have done bugger all with regards hit and run, and now the other driver is claiming they didn't hit me at all and that I parked and dropped my Nexus on its right side. Police here are bloody useless.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 11:19:12 AM »
Did you get the local cctv mate

Check all the buildings nearby for a camera pointing in the right direction
If you can find one it is a legal requirement that they supply you with a copy (normaly on disc now) but you may have to pay a small amount for the copy

Most places keep their cctv for a month now so you want to move quick

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »
The entrance to the car park where it happened is covered somewhat by a cctv camera, I was told by my company that due to the Data Protection act they can't give me the video as the incident didn't happen on their property ( my front wheel was short by about 1 foot). I was told the contents shows a white bus going past, then me on my scoot, then me standing and my scoot on the ground then the drivers car leaving. I am the only one in shot, there is no actual footage of the impact. And its a side on view with no plates.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:49:20 PM by FunkyCowie »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 05:41:08 PM »
Lot of grey areas but I think that under the freedom of information act you are allowed to view any cctv footage of you and obtain a copy of it for a small reasonable fee (used to be about £10)

I'm not sure how the data protection act bears on this but it is a big can of worms if you are videoing someone elses property or a public road

My cctv at home covers the front garden and back and spills over to the road outside but the cameras are placed in plain view and I have signs up

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 07:28:06 PM »
Just found out from a friend who runs a big security firm that the company I work for is dead wrong, and just so you know Jason your set up by the sound of it is perfectly ok but if you need to show that footage to anyone you have to edit out the bits that aren't on your property for example other peoples number plates, faces etc

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 09:39:04 PM »
Thanks mate

I will remember that if the police ever ask me for a copy  :Claugh: (do you think they will see the funny side if all the number plates and faces are blured out  :Cbiggrin: )

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 08:26:49 AM »
 :Claugh:

I spoke to HR yesterday and they are sorting out my footage  :Cbiggrin:

It's a shame I wasn't wearing my helmet cam that day, the batteries had run out  :Cno: