Author Topic: 44kg, what model to buy!?  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Holly

44kg, what model to buy!?
« on: August 08, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
Hi, I recently bought my boyfriend some Pro Jump stilts (M80 model) and he loves them! I'd love to get into it too, but his stilts are far too heavy for me to even pick my feet up. I was wondering, due to my weight (which is approximately 44kg - around 7 stone) what model to get. I am about 5'4", and the F models all say not for those above 5', so I really need some advice on what to buy. Thanks in Advance, Holly

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: 44kg, what model to buy!?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:10:48 PM »
I would say 50KG or 60KG, adults

Depends how much you plan to use them, if alot then the 60KG if just basic jumoing around the 50KG
DC

Offline Holly

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »
Thank you! That's a great help :)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 08:46:49 PM »
Only problem is they don't start at 50kg! So the best choice would be the adult 60kg.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 08:55:16 PM »
hmmm... I think this post might be helpful once you get your stilts

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4859.msg65771;topicseen#new

DC

Offline Holly

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
haha indeed! I am a bit of a shrimp (but have plenty of old flip flops that can be sacrificed lol ^^) thanks for the tip :)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 09:12:09 PM »
Thats ok :) just out of curiosity, where are you based?
DC

Offline Holly

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »
I'm in Derbyshire lol, I don't think I know of any groups round here, but tbh, my boyfriend's only just got into it, and I haven't started yet hehe. Btw, as mentioned earlier, the only adult bocking stilts that are around that weight are the Poweriser PR5070, and there don't seem to be many of those around. Are there any more well known ones in that weight range? I'm just really worried if I buy something like some M60s, I won't be heavy enough for the springs and will have wasted all that money. Are there any other makes around that range? Sorry to keep rambling on and asking the same questions ^^

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »
Don't worry about it, I am supposed to be on M70's and I use M90's. So doesn't make that much difference, They will be stiff when you get them, always are. I suggest you get your BF to use them for a while to make them a little softer :)
Hope this helps
DC

Offline Holly

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 10:04:36 PM »
Ooh that's a good idea ^^ (get him to do the hard work for me lol!) btw, i know this sounds stupid, but I'm a total noob at this atm, but do all the stilts weigh the same (like, I mean, I know they carry different weights, but do the stilts themselves all weigh the same?) because when I tried my bf's M80s on, they were so heavy, I couldn't even lift my feet! So if I got some M60s, would they be the same? I'm probably making myself sound uber stupid now hehe (nothing new, believe me)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 10:08:27 PM »
They are normal questions, we get them all the time :D Unfortunatly yes all stilts have a net weight of 9.5KG or 4.5KG each. You do get used to the weight after a while, once you get used to it. I thought they were really heavy when I first started, now they are fine :)

Also my 5ft girlfriend thought they were heavy, she can now easily use them :) and she is weak :D
DC

Offline Holly

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »
Ooh I see, I guess I'll just have to risk it then hehe, thank you so much for your help, I think that's all my questions answered (for now lol ^^)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 10:18:13 PM »
Thats ok :) anymore questions then just ask... been keeping me entertained all night :D
DC