Author Topic: calf cuffs + what knee pads?  (Read 3974 times)

Offline ep82

calf cuffs + what knee pads?
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:31:25 AM »
Hi

I am going to order some calf cuffs for my PJ's but I was wondering can anyone tell me what kind of knee pads will I need to fit by the calf cuffs?
Will any old knee pads fit? or do I need special ones as the cal cuffs will take too much space?

Also. I am going to order some wrist gaurds too but is the ones in the PJ shop the same as the ones you can buy outside?

Is the PJ shop safe to buy from?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: calf cuffs + what knee pads?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »
hey there

Yep we're safe to buy from! If you need assurance please browse the forum for what our customers think :)

With the calf cuffs any knee / shin pads work but I would recommend the following:
http://www.pro-jump.co.uk/pp/ProJump-Safety-Protection-Gear/WulfSport-Hinged-Knee-Pads.html as the hinged movement allows for more freedom.

We have more choice of safety gear on our sister site so I would recommend having a browse there  http://www.ghostbikes.com/categorylist/Off-Road-Gear-Protection-Pads/

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »
yeah they are great knee pads, they seem when youve got them in your hand like they would help to stop you from hyper-extending your knee as well as saving them in a fall, they are slightly reminiscent of robocop legs too, although theres no secret gun compartment :(

And everyone here can confirm that pro jump are a reputable company, i have been using them for nearly 3 years

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline ep82

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 02:34:58 PM »
Ah Nice one. thanks for the reply.

I will place my order maybe by the end of the day :)
Just 1 other question.... What is the size guide?  I'm 29yo,  5 foot 7 and weight 10 stone so which would I need M or L?? for all 3 wrist, calf and knee pads?

Oh I also noticed that the wrist gaurd looks the same on PJ's shop and Ghost bikes store but the Ghost Bike sotr is only £6.99 whereas the PJ ones are £10.99.   are they the same? I would rather buy everything from 1 store.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:37:07 PM by ep82 »

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:32 PM »
Uk Ghost Bikes, and Pro-Jump are the same company. They are both very very good, other amazing survice and will always try to help if there are any problems, even if you have to pay a little extra for something it is well worth getting from Pro-jump for the amazing next day delivery and great service :)
DC