Author Topic: 60kg models??  (Read 4396 times)

Offline jump-up

• " I belive i can flye "
60kg models??
« on: April 04, 2007, 10:18:48 AM »
i have never seen a 60kg model is that model relly a 50-70kg?? i`m only 41kg and i think 60kg is a bit to much

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: 60kg models??
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 06:53:29 PM »
I think you really need to try a pair out first dude.

Offline Krispi

• WooHoo!!! I bock on f60's with LilDrakie!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 02:54:53 AM »
Im 40kg and im getting m60's But because im 12 I dont think childs are a good idea.

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 12:15:13 PM »
Im 40kg and im getting m60's But because im 12 I dont think childs are a good idea.
You don't say how tall you are ?
Adult do have extra power and if you are between children size and adult size go for adult ones.
You'll find it hard to bend the spring and bouncing will feel hard work but if you stick with it you'll  get some height and glad you got the bigger ones.

That said try to find someone local to let you try a pair on. If you real want to get a pair we'd be happy to let you try a pair on.

Offline choco bean

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 04:47:42 PM »
I would agree with getting the adult models.  I was borderline adult, but got child ones, 10kg above my wieght.  I could only just run and bounce on one leg.  But now I have adult 70kg ones, 20kg above my wieght like you are, and can bounce even more easily than on the child ones.  I'd say go for the child ones if you want to focus on running, but because your still growing, or if you want to bounce and trick, then it's a definate for the adult ones.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Offline Silly_Willy08

• Your Gorgeous x
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 06:50:19 PM »

Adult do have extra power and if you are between children size and adult size go for adult ones.
You'll find it hard to bend the spring and bouncing will feel hard work but if you stick with it you'll  get some height and glad you got the bigger ones.

That said try to find someone local to let you try a pair on. If you real want to get a pair we'd be happy to let you try a pair on.
[/quote]
So Dk Where Bouts Are You I Would Love To Try A Pair On So I No What Ones To Get At Christmas x
We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

(:

(♥)

Offline Krispi

• WooHoo!!! I bock on f60's with LilDrakie!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 06:48:30 AM »

Im just a few cm's under 5ft  ;D
Someone local is letting me try a set on tomorrow. Im testing a set of adults and a set of childs I think. And I dont think you guys could let me try a pair XD I live in Australia not near most of you guys.

Offline Lildrakie

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »

ty im also in the same situation as krispi

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 09:43:53 PM »
Ok lets try and sort this out would all of the Shorter Bockers on Adult PJ's read this and measure your legs  :biggrin:(see Pic below)

The main problems with the transition between Junior and Adult PJ's are

1] Weight

Now although they say 10-20kg over as a percentage of an individuals weight this will be wrong so for arguments sake lets say if you weigh less than 50kg your gonna find it hard to bend the 60's (there will be exceptions to this but not to many ) 20kg for me is 10% of my body weight 10kg is 20% of a 50kg persons body weight

2] Leg Length

My wife although not a bocker yet is 5ft 4" and I have just put her in a set of bocks and measured
She can bend her legs but would bruise her thigh on the spring top if she was to do things like spring grabs (a lot of people do that and just accept the pain  :biggrin:)

Now the hard bit to explain
Bend your Knee to 90 degrees ( a right angle) and measure from your heel to the back of your thigh (the pic makes it clearer)
The wife's mesurement was 15" (380 mm) and I would say that this is close to the minimum for tricking

Now the spring bracket is 16" (apx 400 mm) so allowing for a thick pair of shoes you might get away with a 14" lower leg length if you don't do much tricking or only want to walk and bounce

If you are willing to mod your stilts with flipflops or hard foam and wear thick shoes it might be possible to get down to a 13" lower leg length but that is taking it to an extreme

Now lets throw this open to a experiment

Would everyone who is on adult stilts and under 5ft 1" please take a moment to measure their lower leg length and post it on this thread so we can find the shortest length that it is possible to use adult PJ's

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Silly_Willy08

• Your Gorgeous x
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 07:47:16 AM »
Cheers 4 That That Comes In Handy x
Nice Foot x

(:

(♥)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 08:32:28 PM »
Thats the wifes foot just to proove that she is still with me  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Silly_Willy08

• Your Gorgeous x
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »
Ok Jason lol I Go on this site at school ,, get told of but its well worth it x

(:

(♥)