Author Topic: Please give advice on first purchase  (Read 4081 times)

Offline bilbobagenz

Please give advice on first purchase
« on: October 13, 2010, 08:33:36 PM »
Hi, I have been looking to buy these for a few months now for my 2 kids 38kg(age 12) and 44kg (age 14),
my only concern is that the kids ones seem to be poor on bounce, my kids are more into big air, they are very acrobatic, the jump from my garage onto there trampoline and can perform back and forward flips no problems.

I was looking at the raptor pro for my elder son 14 and posibly the thero as my 12 year old I think may be to light.
I will pay 200-350 for a pair with good bounce.
any advice please- I live in central Scotland.
Both pairs where seen here
http://www.7leagueslondon.co.uk/shop/products.asp?id=95&Cat=7LEAGUE+BOOTS&SubCat=7LEAGUE+BOOTS&SubCatID=59

Billy

Offline Squeeker

Re: Please give advice on first purchase
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:42:40 PM »
I dont think 7League are selling un the UK anymore, How tall are your kids? because at those ages they are likely to go on growth spurts soon and doubt it would be worth getting them kids pairs, I know they may not be able to compress the springs too easily but after a little while I reckon they could develop a technique to compress them. However, this is my advice, I would also wait for someone like Jason to post as they are a bit more experienced than me :L

Offline bilbobagenz

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »
TY for fast response- 4ft 11 and 5ft 1 are there heights but these will be xmas presents with good use not till February or so I am guessing.
as for types I am open to any suggestions.
Im not exactly super fit but was a pro on the pogo stick - I fancy a pair myself im 90kg 5ft 10.( yip slightly fat)
Any suggestions. note I will need head gear and pads for all 3 pairs.

Billy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 09:07:39 PM by bilbobagenz »

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »
I would probs say get adults for them both then, may need some footplate raising, jasons guide is on here somewhereup in mods section i believe, but it would be better in the long run :L

And Pro jump are really the only UK sellers at the moment, there are powerisers, but i find my powerisers to be rather like any pro jumps I have tried, but the pro jumps are definately lighter :L

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 09:24:33 PM »
Hi and welcome

Your kids sound pretty active and just the sort for this stupid stuff  :Claugh:

Yes, I believe 7 league r not available in this country anymore at the moment.

As for adult or kids models.

it actually gets a bit complicated where you are concerned. Forget, for the moment, spring weight ratings.

The childrens/adult stilts   in reality refer to the persons height.

The childrens stilts besides being designed for a shorter person are also designed for a lighter person, in that the stilts themselves are light in weight.

The adult stilts r quite a bit heavier than the childrens ones. This means that whilst one often can get  a younger person on these, the things r just too heavy to more than clumsily lurch across the ground.  Whilst at the same time the childrens stilts might only be of use for a few months b4 the person has sprouted up enuff to make full use of adult stilts  and will just not want to be seen ded on kids springs!

Getting hidiously complicated isnt it :Csmile:  To make things a little worse, your children ( with wot 3 months till chrimbo) seem to exactly straddle  the children/adult height guide  and with just about no margin!!

For the oldest, go for adult, lowest weight. Mention has been given to a 'modification'  The thing is 5'1''  people run the risk once happily bouncing about of hitting their thighs on the top of the springs..and not noticing whilst merrily jumping about...but once home  it will be 'arrgggg' and really horrible bruises..so a simple solution has been hit apon, simply put a foam block on top of the foot plate for 6 months or so  to raise the guy out of the 'danger zone'.  Its in the mods section

SO 4'11''  that is 'just' below adult.   So what to do?  The thing is this is a great and fun sport... but if the wrong advice given a person will be put off for life!  You seem to have a reasonable budget and we have steared you to cheaper projumps, so have to ask..when r birthdays?  cos sweetest answer maybe  get kids stilts  bounce about of them, leading to a migration to older siblings stilts  then the bigun's for a birthday pressie.

Also where r u?  there is always the possiblity of a 'try out' borrowing from some1 in your area

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 09:38:46 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline bilbobagenz

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 09:42:36 PM »
Thank you for the replies.
Any suggestions where to buy from- Ill be Ordering at the end of this Month + all the safety gear, and yip my kids are going to love this.

Billy

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 09:49:09 PM »
I would say Pro-Jump, the customer service is next to none and really its only a choice between powerisers and pro jump and as i said, pro jumps are that much lighter so would be easier for your kids to get on with :)

Offline TomH999

• http://leedsbockers.webs.com
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »
yea, pro jumps seems to be the way to go, i have some powerisers which are a bit heavier from my understanding. i could be wrong

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 10:00:02 PM »
Ummm.... in my opinion they are not as heavy... easier to do flips on (Powerisers that is)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 08:20:01 PM »
Deffinatly Pro jumps!

Offline bilbobagenz

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »
TY for all the replies- Looks like i will order 2 pair of Pro Jumps.
I will post Pics in the new year and hopefully a video or 2, im still undecided whether I should get a pair for myself, mainly for bouncing and running def no backflips.

Billy.

PS its great to see all the mods /tips  on this site

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
2 more 2 the clan    YAY.   un check out if there is a club near u  . a   great to have company  b   they will really help with tips   c  may have a gym      and it can b a tad wet and cold in jan and feb

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 12:44:35 AM »
PRO JUMP FOR THE WIN

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 11:18:05 AM »
little people on big stilts :D

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”