Author Topic: Circus 3230's performance of the Nyx a stilt walking act at 'Bounce' Geelong 08  (Read 2709 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts

Just came across this

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Recon even I could get up with a pair of those arms  :Claugh:

Looked good was it an exhibition of something

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
No Idea, I was looking for something else and came across it, knowing how much you guys like a nice costume I had to share!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Thanks Naz

Given me some ideas for a spider costume for next year  :Claugh:
That should get some screams from the girls (and guys  :Cbiggrin:)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
I still don't have an idea for this year :S

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Just go as yourself mate  :Cbiggrin:
That should scare em  :Claugh:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
oi :P I will go as a giant Jason Toe!!!

Offline wolf

lol what an awsome vid even if it is random  :Cbiggrin:

I always wondered what a quadsuit with stilts would look like and that sure gave me the answer I was looking for ;)

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
The guy on the right of the screen (for most of it) ruined the illusion slightly by standing too upright and not bowing his head. He looked like a biped holding crutches, whereas the other two really looked like quadripeds. Very cool! And I loved the animalistic interaction where it appeared as if the larger parental figure was silently chastising the smaller figure for scaring his sibling. I'd love to see the whole performance. =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.