Author Topic: Don't try this at home  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Don't try this at home
« on: October 20, 2010, 07:24:37 PM »
Technically an injury but not bocking related so put it here

As a lot of you will know I make the odd fancy dress costume and have just started making chainmaile

I got sick of trying to make things without a model to work on so decided to make a head and sholders bust of myself

This is to be achieved by taking plaster casts of me and then casting the bust from them

As with most of my mishaps it started well with the wife making a cast of the back of my head and shoulders while I laid on the trampoline in the garden much to the amusement of my neighbour who is convinced the wife was mummyfying me  :Cbiggrin:

Now the inside of the cast is a bit hit and miss so I decided to fill it with wet plaster of paris and slap it back on my head to mold all the detail

So after rubbing vaseline all over the back of my head and neck I proceeded

All seemed to be going well until it had set and I started to try to remove it

At this point I realised that I should have vaselined all of my hair as it had spread onto the dry bits

Now the Boys might not get this but the Girls will I basically Waxed the back of my head and neck with casting plaster  :Claugh:

It took me 30 mins in the shower to get the residue off and that was with a nail brush  :Cbiggrin:

As I sit her typing this my wife has finaly got her breath back and so long as she dosen't look at me she can stop laughing for more than 10 seconds

We have also turned the central heating down a bit as the glow from my head was making it to hot in here  :Claugh:

Got to do the front soon and I have a beard  :Ccry:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
Re: Don't try this at home
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 07:31:50 PM »
it could only happen to you

but saying that i did have a cast of my face. that was fun in school. having to lay on a table wile the teacher mummyfying my face. with straws to alow me to breath through my nose

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 07:56:40 PM »
LOL that's so funny. Please put a picture up!!!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 08:09:10 PM »
Sadly a picture can't show pain Naz  :Claugh:

But here you go

The wife said it is a lot more shiny that before I started I just wish I had a pic of it before as there was quite a bit more hair in the middle and at the front  :Claugh: (Honestly  :Cbiggrin: )

The problem was the plaster that split forward onto the un-vaselined hair  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 08:42:15 PM »
Hmmm.... maybe should not have been eating rice when I saw this, I spat it everywhere in laughter.... sorry Jason :P
DC

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:53:21 PM »
I lol too, good job no ones about or they would think I'm losing it!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 07:24:46 PM »
Glad you liked it I will keep you posted when the front one goes on  :Claugh:
Think I'll wait till after halloween as the dragon wouldn't fit over a plaster face  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »
Jason your a legend mate, you need your own reality show

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”