Author Topic: Halloween Bock Problem  (Read 7922 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Halloween Bock Problem
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 09:25:45 PM »
Despite my best effort to make this a "No Blame" post I seem to have caused a few people to think I was pointing it at them so let me try once more

I am not blaming anyone for what happened or suggesting that any of the guys flipping were responsible for getting us moved on so I am sorry if it felt that way Greg, Hannah, Locky, Carl and Jake please accept my appology that it was taken that way

I did say Big Tricks as well in all that I posted and I don't know what made the Police tell Us to"Debock or leave westminster in 15 mins" but it could have been something as simple as someone tricking outside the "Protected area" to near the crowd (in the Police opinion) or just the large number of us there

The things I have been told by a few other bockers are these

The group were asked to stop tricking on the south bank by "Guardians" and continued to trick causing the Guardians to ask them to leave

We were told to leave Leicester Sq and I have been told this was after bockers were arguing with the Police (I don't know what about)

Now if I have been misinformed about either of these two incidents please tell me what actually happend

Both of the above incidents are unacceptable behaviour and will cause repercussions in the future for people who bock there

And to be honest if any bocker feels that ignoring or arguing with the Police or Security (on private land) is the way to help the bocking comunity to survive they would not be welcome at any future meet I try to organise

By all means ask the Officers what they would like us to stop and why but don't push them to the point of "Debock or leave"

I don't know what others consider a good meet but in my books getting moved on constantly is a Fail

One thing I must say is that Lockys dead right about the attitude of

its the publics problemn if the walk under/near a bocker when they are trying to complete a trick and get us land on them.....its stupidity on there part

It is our responsibility both Moraly and in Law

We are doing something that is seen as dangerous (thats why we do it)  and if someone not connected with our meet gets hurt we can be prosecuted and Jailed if found to be at fault

My local Cafe at work is the one behind Charring Cross Police station (the station for most of the areas we visited) and I have chatted to a few of the regulars there and so far it seems we have stayed below the radar but if we continue to attract the Police in a negative way that won't last

Also do remember that the Police have the power to take your Stilts if they deem you to be dangerous to anyone and you don't comply with their orders
You will get them back the following day by visiting the station and providing ID (long drive for some) so it is worth keeping them sweet

I hope this whole post will not cause any bad feeling amongst the comunity as it was not intended that way

What I wanted to do was to get all Bockers to try and get on with the authoritys and so protect the future of Bocking

I do also hope that no one will feel that they don't want to attend next years meet as we did all have a good time and like Greg said "No one died"  :Cbiggrin:

One last thing I would like to suggest
This post has served it's purpose if just one bocker thinks before he Jumps but to any newcomers (or their parents) could be taken the wrong way and think of us as undesirable and wayward

So I would like a vote (We are a democracy  :Claugh:) that this post should be deleted after say one week
All you have to do is post either  "Delete" or "Don't Delete"

I think 12 people have contributed to this so lets say once 7 have voted one way we will decide

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Small

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 09:39:03 PM »
DELETE...
Small but perfectly formed :)

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »
delete!!! Lets all agree to disagree and start again on a more positive note.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »
Yeah I'm all for deleting, it's served its purpose.

However....dun dun duuuuunnn

I think a lot of this has been 2nd hand info or at least not based on fact.
Unless someone knows of another person, I think I was the one "arguing with the police" however this is incorrect and out of context.

I was asking the pcso several questions such as why is he telling us to move when 30 seconds earlier a real police officer was asking us to do a backflip so he could take a photo.
I then asked the pcso  why we were being ASKED to move on and he said he'd received a complaint from westminster council. I asked to see the complaint or at least know its exact words so we could respond appropriately. He said that the only response would be for the council to come down here and "process me" at which stage I told him I was too young to be processed and we walked off.

There was no arguement. At least not from me.

Offline bendover90

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 11:20:33 PM »
what a waste of my time!

IST DANGEROUS END OF STORY!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 02:21:11 PM »
tbh this has probably put me off coming to next years meet and has made me lose quite a bit of faith in some people i just cant believe some people don't think we have enough common sense thats why they call it that i know most of us are young but were not idiots so no i will probably not be going to next years meet if i will be accused of being a imbecile

Greg out
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:11:40 PM by Greggles »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 08:54:15 PM »
Sorry you guys feel that way.

I have tried to apologize for causing you to think you were being blamed.

I never said you were an Imbecile Greg or meant it to sound that way.

Obviously although I am not acting as a Mod on this post, I can't get into a heated discussion due to being a Mod on the site so you and bendover90 have me at a disadvantage.
So I will take your replies as a yes to the Delete so that makes 6

Perhaps we can continue the chat on neutral ground at the next meet we all attend and perhaps clear the air a little

As to you attending the next Halloween meet that is your decision and I won't attempt to sway you either way
It will be held and you will be welcome to attend

Whens that "Like" button coming Naz I want to press it for Katys post  :Cbiggrin:

Locky knowing your used to dealing with the Police I will take it that you got an Over Enthusiastic PCSO that wouldn't listen and take it as not a fail that we were moved on thanks for clearing that up (I should have asked you first)
And yes you are to young to be "Processed" but you should have offered me  :Claugh:

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »
I think katys right lets delete!!! Lets all agree to disagree and start again  :Cwink: :Cyes: :Cbiggrin:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 09:09:05 PM »
Delete (Y)

Offline clive

• Elite Member
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 09:18:31 PM »
dc read the top of this page by jason  :Cwink:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 09:28:23 PM »
what?? :S

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »
Think he's teasing you about the (Y) bit on the end of delete mate

You only had to put Delete

But I take is as enthusiazm of the young (something you have lots of  :Claugh:)

Are you gonna make it to the Gym meet DC or is the back still bad

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 09:49:43 PM »
The (Y) is MSN talk for "Thumbs Up" :D
And no I can't :( I am not back on stilts yet, can barely walk up and down stairs still :'( so no chance I am getting back on my lovelies :'(
DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 10:01:51 PM »
Shame I was hoping you would be there but a bit shaky on the stilts so that I could be better that you for once  :Claugh:

Get better soon mate you have my sympathy I know how bad backs can be

Offline clive

• Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 10:20:43 PM »
get better soon dc,sorry about the (y) would have thought i would know that with three teenage girls all the best  :Cwink:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 10:46:58 PM »
Well you are not expected to know unless your girls walk around saying 'open bracket, Capital Y, Close Bracket' :D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »
That might be what they are saying as it sometimes seems like you youngsters are speaking a different language  :Claugh:
Or it could be me getting old  :Cbiggrin:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 10:06:40 PM »
Must not say what I wanna say :P so they are speaking a different language
DC