Author Topic: Help all Morphsuit users  (Read 30099 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Help all Morphsuit users
« on: November 03, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »
Hi folks

I have seen a few of you in Morphsuits on here and would like some advice and info

I have seen them for £35 (old type) and £40 (premium) what is the difference and is this a good price or are there better ones for more or cheaper ones just as good

I intend to use it for a costume base so need to know a few things about them before I try

1--How hot do you get exercising in them (bocking)

2--Are they sturdy enough to attach things to or do they rip easily

3--If I cut the head away from the body would the edges fray or is the material stable

4--I am 6ft 4" almost and rather large around the middle what size would you suggest (comfort is more important than fit)

And lastly if anyone has an old black one that has been damaged I may be interested in buying it depending on where the damage is
both knees and elbows could be holed and it wouldn't affect my use of it

Thanks

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: Help all Morphsuit users
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:10:10 PM »
Hey Jason. I have 5 of them :S never once has one ripped, I cut the arms of one of them for a costume and it all was fine, I ironed the edges to stop any freying.. so it is not difficult to do.
They don't get hot... in fact certain area's tend to get a little chilly....but lets not go there
they are so comfy, always wanted ones to sleep in :P and you can even drink beer through them :D

Offline billymaya

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »
hi jason ok bit of knowledge on this makes a nice change lol, does it get hot depends on the weather really on the two carnivals we have done (these being at night in october) we both wore those skin tight thermals bit like long johns and they kept us nice and warm you do get a certain about of breeze blowing through them but not to much of a problem,attaching things should be fine the best way i have found is to use velcro the suit seems to stick to it well you might get some minor bobbling when taking it off but apart from that works great or safety pins i suppose, i wouldnt pay morphsuit prices as you can pick them up on ebay from whosuits.com which is where i brought mine from and its brillient good quality and has gone through several washes without a hitch the normal suits are £24.99 with free delivery and it only took a day to get it i think the premium ones are £29 with more choice on designs than morphsuits,cutting wise i wouldnt see it as a problem part from freying maybe but as dc has said if you iron the seams should hold it why do you want to cut the head off?? me and step son managed to walk around both carnivals in the dark without falling so once you get used to it you can see through them quite well, finally im about 5,10 and have a portly midrift and a large fitted me fine so because of your height i would suggest a extra large :)

hope this helps :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 12:02:07 AM »
Probably a good time to mention I am a morphsuit dealer 8)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 09:01:23 PM »
Thanks Guys

This has helped me a lot

I now can't get the picture of you in your Morph Jammies out of my head DC  :Claugh:

I want to seperate the head from the body Billy but wear both
I need the head to be seperate as it will have quite a lot of bits attached to it and I will need to remove it

One question I forgot to ask was how do you get into them as they seem to be without an entrance  :Cbiggrin: this might be important as I will have to cover all the suit and might need to make removable panels to get in

Trust you Locky  :Claugh: have you got a web site and what are your prices like  :Cbiggrin:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 09:04:03 PM »
Through the back, you kinda step in and slot it on :P if that makes sense
DC

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 09:50:16 PM »
There is a zip that runs down the spine and a flap then covers the zip so you hardly see it at all.

I dont have a website as I sell them locally at the shop but I will PM you with price info that should make you smile.

Offline billymaya

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 09:46:45 AM »
locky could i have a list of prices also as im going to need several different colours next year to do a morph strip tease from the full monty film lol

jason its a bit like putting a pair of tights on you put your legs in first then your arms and do up the back there are to zips one at the top of the head and one at the bottom roughly at the top of your back side they are a little awkward to do up but a good tip is to attach a mobile carry strap or camera strap and then its alot easier to reach to do up :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 10:36:51 AM »
ok ok £30 plus postage only for PJF members.

If you dont need them urgently I can bring them to a meet or you can come to cardiff to bock in the bay and then there is no postage :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 08:18:53 PM »
That sounds perfect mate

I'm over 6ft 3" and weigh 18ish stone (about  :Claugh:)

Have you got a Black one in the biggest size (think thats XXL acording to the Morphsuit site)

And do you take Paypal

Offline billymaya

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 11:14:21 PM »
think you'll find you might be better off with a xl as other wise it might fit your height but would look a bit lose around your body i was thinking about getting a extra large my self but going by the web site i changed my mind and went for a large and it fitted perfectly and if i did get a xl i think i would of looked like a orange melted candle lol

Offline billymaya

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 10:48:14 AM »
scrap what i said last night ive just had the morphsuit delivered from my competition win seems even though that both my morphsuit and whosuit are a large the morphsuit is tighter and smaller not by very much but def tighter so if your going to by a morphsuits id go for the xxl like you were planning :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 12:24:55 PM »
Thanks Billymaya

I am rather wide round the beam mate (I take a 5xl in most motorbike gear  :Claugh:)

Not like you thin things   :Cbiggrin:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 12:26:56 PM »
why have a six pack when you can have a ceg huh jason :P

just to add, some of the costumes we use are based on lycra one piece suits like morphsuits, they do get sweaty while bocking and while building your costume keep in mind it will need washed after every use

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 09:30:35 PM »
Yep Nero I need a lot of stored energy to run this body  :Claugh:

Luckily the foam I use to make the dragon is totally waterproof so I can be chucked in the machine on cool

The other good bit about it is it acts like armour you can put a bit of it on concrete and punch it as hard as you like and it won't hurt your hand

Bad bit is it is a fantastic heat insulator so if you don't have enough ventilation you cook  :Claugh:

This new costume is gonna be a real challenge as it has lots of electronics built in so that will have to be removable and not catch fire  :Claugh:

First hurdle is to hope Locky has a XXL in black  :Cbiggrin: (he's looking for me now)

Only worry is that when Locky thinks about the world seeing me in Lycra (not a pretty site) he might worry that it will cause the bottom to drop out of world Morphsuit sales and refuse to sell to me  :Claugh: