Author Topic: Put protection on your springs!!  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Squeeker

Put protection on your springs!!
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:22:42 PM »
So, on saturday, I had just got off the bus and put my stilts on to run the rest of the way home, I went into a run and after about 20 seconds my right foot twisted in and I caught my springs together, I came down with quite some force, Landed on my knee (of which I was not wearing knee pads at this point, such an idiot :L) Luckily my jeans that I was wearing provided some protection however. Anyhows, I skidded about 6ish foot on my left knee and have taken a layer of skin off the knee. Along with this I have a bit of pain in the joint :L To be expected though. I then walked home in agony after taking the stilts off :L But Im all fine now. However, after sitting down and feeling a bit better after the walk home I decided to take a look at my springs, I had torn through all the protection on my spring, including that put on  when you buy the stilts. My spring protection my the way is lots of tape and a thick and stretchy t-shirt like material wrapped around the spring, this provides very good protection but I still tore through it when the springs clashed!

So to explain the title, put protection on your spring, like what happened to me, it may just stop you taking a large chunk out of your spring (also wear knee pads).

As you can see I care more about my stilts than myself  :Claugh:

Offline billymaya

Re: Put protection on your springs!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:30:22 PM »
glad to hear your alright mate and good advice about the springs regards wearing pads i think its a must really im also considering getting a spine board as at the end of the day its just not worth the risk its a dangourous sport and think that this point should really be put across to new bockers who are taking up the sport i mean you wouldnt go out on a motor bike without a helmet would you well unless you were daft lol

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 11:42:44 PM »
Sounds nasty but could have been a lot worse.

I hate that instant pain after a fall where you simply cannot get the stilts off quick enough lol.

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:57:28 PM »
I think the pain was worse when it first happened, now it just really hurts as a after effect I guess :L Best way to describe it :L However I am fine, and reason I didn't post this in the injuries section was because I wanted people to take notice of how much damage you can do to your springs from a small clip, you honestly would not believe how much protection that clip went throught :L

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 02:30:56 AM »
glad to hear your alright mate and good advice about the springs regards wearing pads i think its a must really im also considering getting a spine board as at the end of the day its just not worth the risk its a dangourous sport and think that this point should really be put across to new bockers who are taking up the sport i mean you wouldnt go out on a motor bike without a helmet would you well unless you were daft lol
well he did have wrist guards...but...i've got 1 of them here in cumbria :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us