Author Topic: TEACH ME TO FLIP  (Read 3261 times)

Offline joe1821232

TEACH ME TO FLIP
« on: December 18, 2010, 01:55:53 AM »
need an experianced bokker to spend a gym session teaching me to flip in the new year, not scared to bail but need a coach

Offline MDLuffy

Re: TEACH ME TO FLIP
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:31:35 AM »
I would also like this , so ifr theres any gym meets up in brum could you let us know   :Csmile:

Offline jemus1101

• my facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »
hey joe, sorry to change the subject but my dad sed u poped by erlyer,wassup? he also sed u didnt reccomend me gettin the exo's, hav u heard somethin new about them?
:D james jemus hasbocks hemus :Cerr:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »
Heya, flips are nowhere near as hard as people make out... it is all about confidence and just really going for it.
It helped me learning to flip on trampoline and on normal ground first but it is not necessary
DC

Offline jemus1101

• my facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 09:01:39 PM »
dude u should ask nero, bet he could help us.
:D james jemus hasbocks hemus :Cerr:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 09:42:05 PM »
Alex (Dark Castles) it's really not the best idea to go saying things like that.
Next thing you know any idiot will put on some stilts and go try a flip and cause themself a serious injury.

Flips do take a lot of practice and patience and you need a safe environment to practice them in, preferably with someone who knows what they are doing.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
Locky
You hit the nail right on the head there mate  :Claugh:

Some idiot will put on a pair of stilts (eg DC  :Cbiggrin:)
Try to flip on them (eg DC  :Cbiggrin:)
Cause themselves a serious injury ( Need I say it  :Claugh:)

Only joking DC  :Claugh: (Please don't hit me  :Cbiggrin:)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
Lol Jason :D you will be sorry  :Cbiggrin:

I will hunt you down :P

and yeah so maybe I have had 1 maybe 10  accidents when doing flips :P but at least I try :D
DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 06:52:53 PM »
Same here DC  :Claugh:

The wife says I am very Trying  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 02:28:10 AM »
You live in Birmingham? Cool.

The gym I use doesn't allow stilts (yet), but if you come along I can teach you to flip on your feet, which will make it easier to do on stilts. ...Being able to flip on your feet doesn't mean you'll definitely be able to do it on bocks, but it doesn't hurt. =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.