Author Topic: looking for advice regarding weight...  (Read 3807 times)

Offline tua cathach

looking for advice regarding weight...
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:58:42 PM »
guys doing the typical noob thing here and askin a dumb question..

I've had a read around the forum and found some answers.. but before i commit i want to be sure..

I'm currently 116.1kg.. and i'm not getting any lighter lol.. weightlifting for years.. .  so when it comes to buying a set of these what size do you guys suggest.. biggest i seem to find are 110's..and i dont want to basically F**k them up..

any advice you guys can give is appreciated..

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Re: looking for advice regarding weight...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:53:14 PM »
if your completely new to this sport that 110's may be ok for a little while but a member who has long since been away was DK who also weighed too much and he actually made a double spring stilt because he was a very heavy lump of fat :P

another idea is looking at a different kind of brand maybe and seeing if there weight classes go any higher but like some sports weight sometimes is key and if you are too heavy even if there was a spring then you wouldn't be able to do much until your weight is lower.

but if you do get the 110's and use them enough you'll be on 100kg's next :P

(i'm not an expert in anything)

Aidan  :Cwink:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:43:17 PM »
I believe, but may be wrong, that pro jump go up to 120 kg however they are classed under the 110kg weight range so you need to ask specifically? I'm sure someone like Jason or Naz will be on here soon and correct me if I am wrong.

Even if I am I reckon the 110's should do the job pretty well for the exo range anyhows :) But wait for the heavier people to come on and put their experience up here as I am a skinny s**t :L

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 08:28:52 PM »
Hi tua cathach

I am the same weight as you and have been using EXO pro's at 107kg (classed as 110's) for nearly a year (testing them for PJ)

I have yet to bottom them (even one footed) and am so pleased with them I have just ordered another set in the same weight range (to keep at work)

So you should be fine with the 110's they may even be a bit strong to begin with but you will soon get used to them

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline tua cathach

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 10:08:03 PM »
Guys thanks for the advice. big help... really looking forward to getting these now..

Offline tua cathach

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 10:10:14 PM »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 11:08:38 AM »
I have just got a pair of these through and they are well built and look good in black

If you can afford to go for the Pro's instead you get cuffs and a better clamping system with them (I have spare cuffs and clamps to fit to mine)

The cuffs are a personal taste thing some people hate them but a lot of people won't bock without them as they are much more comfy (in my opinion) and the extra cost is well worth it

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: