Author Topic: Another 'What shall I buy'  (Read 4666 times)

Offline rapleyr

Another 'What shall I buy'
« on: January 12, 2011, 06:13:08 PM »
Sorry for the following as this section is littered with similar threads but not exactly what I am looking for, so here goes;

6ft 5'' / 90kg / very fit (rugby, football, distance running, etc). obviously will be starting slowly but would like to progress to flips in time (if possible).

I have narrowed it down to powerisers 2008 PR90120 or Pro-jump exo pro CZ100 as 7 leagues are no longer available and others are far more expensive. Both are the same price but I cannot decide between the two due to lack of knowledge / experience.

Which will suit me best and be capable of performing decent heights (if at all from standard)

Posted a similar question on poweriser pages but wanted views from here as it seems alot more UK related.

Many thanks in advance.

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
Re: Another 'What shall I buy'
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »
I have tried the new exos and I thought that they were amazing. they would definatly be good enough.

I have powerisers but i think they are an older model I will let u know on here as I dont want to give u wrong advise.

But in the meantime if you cant get any other advise (which I dont think will happen on here) you would make no mistake in choosing the exos.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 07:17:06 PM »
I'm inclined to say the exo pros :P

they are light weight and have very good springs also the pro jump name is one you can trust i would go for exo pros they are best :P

Aidan :Cwink:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »
The early PoweriSers were a good stilt (Notice the S in the middle)
The PoweriZers were basicly the same as the early projumps
The later PoweriSers had a few bearing problems and wern't received very well by the bocking community

The Exos and Exo Pro are at the moment the best bocks in that price range (In my opinion)

Jason   :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 08:39:10 PM »
I dont know if your gettin the same meassage as me here rapleyr.

But its lookin like the exos are the way to go for u

Offline rapleyr

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »
Looks like I will go for the exo's then, hopefully doing flips in the future. :Nero:

Am I right to go for the CZ100 option as I am 90kg and fit?

Any advice from those that own a set?

Thanks,

Richard.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 08:49:14 PM »
I have both models of Exo now  :Claugh: (I have one of every model PJ have made  :Cbiggrin: )

Does this make me an anorak  :Cbiggrin:

Best advice I can give you is

Get wrist guards (really do this is important)
Get knee and elbow pads (If you want to continue walking and lifting things  :Claugh:)
When you start wear a cheepy skateboard helmet of similar (climbing ones are good too)

I learnt the hard way about wristguards (see ouch I hurt myself)
I have seen several people misjudge jumps early on and bump their head (luckily not seriously)

Now don't take all this Padding the wrong way out of 100 people 90 will not even bruise themselves in the first few months
But 10 will get overenthusiastic and have a painfull fall (if not wearing pads)

So if you start with all the pads you can learn quicker as you are protected and can push a bit harder

If I had a £1 for every time the pads have saved me I could afford a set of Speedjumpers  :Claugh:

You can then reduce the protection to a level you are happy with

I still wear all the pads but very rarely wear a helmet now (unless I am doing something silly)

And the second most important bit of advice is to get to a meet as soon as you can (it is never to soon some people have their first go at a meet) you will progress a 100 times the rate that you will alone

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline rapleyr

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 12:56:10 AM »
Cheers for that, I have checked on the protection and will get the knee & shin guards and wrist protectors. I am used to being damaged weekly as I play rugby 3 times a week and i'm never without cuts and bruises.

How do you find the Exo's as I still have a little niggle about getting 7leagues as so many people on here seem to have them?

Are the exo's capable of doing big jumps/flips in the right hands?

Richard.

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 10:27:18 AM »
Jason is right

Paddding would come in useful. Unfortunately I have never used padding
(BAD HAMMY :Cmad: )

But I was one of the ten who managed to hurt themself. Check out the ouch I hurt myself page. I am pretty sure there is a thread on there about the time I tried to vault a railing and then busted my mouth cos the stilt got caught.

So yeh Jasons got it right. Big up to paddin :Claugh:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »
7's r nolonger available in the UK.   i have had 3 happy years on 7's   but the exo's r better. in the future 7's may come up with a new model which will be 'the 1 to have'...but exo's r the way to go 4 the forseeable future   

Offline rapleyr

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 05:09:28 PM »
OK then. My parents have properties in Europe so I was thinking of ordering some to be delivered there and collecting them when someone is next out there. Only worth doing if there was a big difference but everyone is pointing me in the direction of the exo's, so that is the way I shall go.

Hopefully the weather clears up soon as I dont fancy learning in the wet, but atleast it is better than snow and ice!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
First mate don't forget elbow protecters I tend to stick an arm out when I fall and the wristies are designed to slide your hand along the ground to stop you breaking a wrist but the other side of this is that your forearm and elbow can take a hit

As for 7's I tried the latest incarnation and found them to be distinctly lackluster
In my opinion the Exo's are a far better stilt than the 7's and having tried both I got conciderably more height on the exo's (in all fairness the 7's don't go up to my weight)
Clive had a pair and sold them to get skips due to being unhappy with them

Don't get me wrong 7's were a very good stilt in their day (perhaps the best at one point) but things have moved on and I think that is shown by the fact that they no longer sell over here due to lack of demand at the price they are

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 11:46:39 PM »
got to agree with jason there i found them good for a short time then the springs got softer and if you ever get the chance feel the weight of the exos to the 7s theres alot of difference the exos are very light with awesome power  :Cyes:

Offline rapleyr

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 11:58:36 PM »
I will try and attend on Sunday and see for myself, if that's OK?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 06:22:34 PM »
See you there mate

Only thing is that both my pairs are 110kg so they might be a bit hard to bend for you but at least you can get an idea of what they feel like

Offline rapleyr

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »
I just want to get a feel for it really, just watching is fine.

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 07:48:18 PM »
I will have a pair of 100s and a pair of 90s too, so you are welcome to try either of those!

Graham
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline rapleyr

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 09:46:45 PM »
OK, cheers.