Author Topic: People Watching You  (Read 24010 times)

Offline aztectrev

People Watching You
« on: April 19, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »
Was on my projumps outside my house yesterday, and there was alot of school kids walking home past me, why I was practicing, and nearly everyone of them stopped to watch me for a min or two, was unbelievable, then again you do get the odd person who starts shouting at you, trying and make you fall  :P But still big groups of kids just stopped and watched. Even some passing cars slowed almost to a halt just to get a longer look :P

PRO-JUMPS ROCK!
Never been so noticed in all my life :P

Goob job I didn't fall I didn't show myself up  ;D

Anyone else had encounters like this?  :D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: People Watching You
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 06:20:15 PM »
I think its more the case --any1 been totally ignored :o)

I got handed £10 of organic bathtime products just walking thru bournemouth square at christmas ( was about all I could do at the time). Some one was giving them out as part of a promotion, rushed up to me and shouted 'you've got to have these your so tall'

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »
While in tenby sat at a bench having lunch on bocks this old guy came up to me...

him> are they adjustable at all?
me> What would you think needs adjusting?
him> so you can jump higher?
me> well you just jump harder to get more height
[dirty look from him]
him> you're full of sh*t

and he walked off.
Funniest thing I ever experienced on bocks....no wait that was crab hunting on the rocks....no wait it was when bobman nearly fell in the lake...no wait....powerbocking rocks :)

Offline aztectrev

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 06:55:16 PM »
People watching you is one thing, but being mistaken for a really tall person is just strange :P Or perhaps they were just being ignorant  ;D

One guy came out of his house to me the other day, and says to me," i've seen the advert with these in, on the tele, and i was wondering, How the hell you get down from them?!?!". I wasn't sure what to tell him, as I was still new to them  :D, so I just told him "You have to fall off" :P

Some other people seem to be scared of me with them on, they seem to go all quiet and shy, and walk away, and watch me from a distance so I can't see them  ;D. I mean one guy hid behind his van whilst trying to watch me :P

Offline Thadius Kayne

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 07:06:43 PM »
lol, i've experienced the same thing getting used to walking going to and from college today, lots of smiles, lots of "where did you get them?" and a few scowls and a few "do this, do that" people...

Funniest thing for me so far is walking by a pub and being able to walk with my head and shoulders well over a tall fence smiling and nodding to people in the beer garden, lol

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 07:32:19 PM »
I just get silly answers ready now like

Q 'how high can you get'
A 'deepends what suff my dealer gets me'

Ive also been stood on them and been asked 'are they real?'

and a m8 was stood on his when some1 came up to him and said ' ive seen them on tv  they're computer generated aint they'!!!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 07:48:49 PM »
I hate the people who refuse to look at you because they themselves are just too cool and pretend to not even notice you like bocking was soooo last year.

For gods sake ppl look!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 12:08:17 AM »
Was on my projumps outside my house yesterday, and there was alot of school kids walking home past me, why I was practicing, and nearly everyone of them stopped to watch me for a min or two, was unbelievable, then again you do get the odd person who starts shouting at you, trying and make you fall  :P But still big groups of kids just stopped and watched. Even some passing cars slowed almost to a halt just to get a longer look :P

POWER BOCKING ROCKS!
Never been so noticed in all my life :P

Goob job I didn't fall I didn't show myself up  ;D

Anyone else had encounters like this?  :D

TRUE

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 11:32:17 AM »
I am the only one at Uni with them, so walking round campus everyone looks! You also get the people who look at the floor as they walk past you - like they havent seen you! The Uni vans normally swerve down the road too, cos they have stopped looking at the road and are staring at me!

I was out in my street a few days ago, and a car drove past the end of the street, then reversed back down past it to get another look!

Offline Ogre

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 07:10:01 PM »
Heehee got them today and i normally get some crazy looks anyway (big hairy dude usually in tie dye...) but add projumps to them and wahey- they cant look away! :D
'tis awesome.
Especially around university campus :p

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 11:33:40 PM »
i went out today all these people came from no where and i felt all these eyes following me "shivers" anyway i fell over when no one was watching thank god but was back on my feet again in no time. :D;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 11:44:57 PM »
he he!

Offline magzzie

• A little taste of the Bocker within
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 02:56:50 PM »
its weird people saying things quietly kinda annoying but at least there is no one saying somthing like do some tricks :D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 03:39:30 PM »
lets face  if u r on bocks  all you have to do is lean against a lamp post and pick your nose---and some1 will come up and watch u  and probably tell you that you are amazing and ask if it took long to learn ;D

Offline Kangaroo X

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2007, 07:53:59 PM »
I got my PJ's 2 two days ago.
I was at Cardiff bay today, and the number of attention is incredible!  :o
People below me, on balconies, around me, even in cafe's or pubs! :-\
I was going past like the biggest pub... And I heard people shouting from above... I looked up to see what was going on... But all just looking at me!  :o Some taking photos of me...  All on the balcony, alot of people... They were all like 'Go on!' and I heard one dude shouting 'Go on fancy boy!' lol.
Then I was in the big, free area, with some big pillars. And there were people watching me from the outside...  :o
Then one guy told me to hop... But I simply said 'No'.  ;)
Go there yourselves some day... People pointing, whispering, staring...
I had to keep reminding myself that I'm not a celebrity...  ;D
---------------------------------
..::::::::::::::::::::::::::::..

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 08:22:21 PM »
Sounds like a cool experience lol

You should have pretented to be a celeb :D

Offline Kangaroo X

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 09:46:53 PM »
Hehe :P I will next time! :D
If they don't believe I'm a celebrity then... I'll pretend to be Michael Jackson!  :)

Offline jump-up

• " I belive i can flye "
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007, 10:12:27 PM »
I was on a school and just jumped normaly around then this car stopped and looked at me for like 2 mins and drived away ;D

its pretty cool

Offline Kangaroo X

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 07:48:21 PM »
Wow... Just went to my local park and here's the story:
First of all, an angry dog tried to jump on me, but it was on a lead.
Then I saw a boy with Heelys, and he said 'My dad is getting me those on the internet.' Then his mum just said to him, 'No he's not dear.' Then the boy just walked off.
Then a duck hissed at me while all the others were just staring! Yeah, that's right. Duck's staring at me!
Then I went passed a happy couple, who were strangely whispering to eachother...  :-\
I went on the pavement now. No more strange starers... Woops, I forgot all about the cars! Some cars were slowing down trying to see me. Some even turned slightly towards me... Then quite alot of them, when they went passed me, they looked at their mirrors...
Back in the park. Then I went passed some posh old man who mumbled something to me. But then I laughed, sarcastically.
And not only a duck was staring at me, a dog was also looking at me! Standing still while it's owner was commanding it to follow. :-X
Then I saw two campers. One was talking to the other, unfortunately, the other person was concentrating straight at me.
And then I went to buy some milk. But on my way... A car was driving past... And another dog was keeping his/her eye on me!  :o
Anyway, after I bought the milk, the shopkeeper came out of the shop. And I was thinking to myself, "I didn't steal anything..." But no, for a different reason. Yup, you guessed it, my PJ's.
Maybe I should go to town now... ;)

Offline jump-up

• " I belive i can flye "
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 08:21:54 PM »
That was much at once :P

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 07:09:22 AM »
Wow... Just went to my local park and here's the story:
First of all, an angry dog tried to jump on me, but it was on a lead.
Then I saw a boy with Heelys, and he said 'My dad is getting me those on the internet.' Then his mum just said to him, 'No he's not dear.' Then the boy just walked off.
Then a duck hissed at me while all the others were just staring! Yeah, that's right. Duck's staring at me!
Then I went passed a happy couple, who were strangely whispering to eachother...  :-\
I went on the pavement now. No more strange starers... Woops, I forgot all about the cars! Some cars were slowing down trying to see me. Some even turned slightly towards me... Then quite alot of them, when they went passed me, they looked at their mirrors...
Back in the park. Then I went passed some posh old man who mumbled something to me. But then I laughed, sarcastically.
And not only a duck was staring at me, a dog was also looking at me! Standing still while it's owner was commanding it to follow. :-X
Then I saw two campers. One was talking to the other, unfortunately, the other person was concentrating straight at me.
And then I went to buy some milk. But on my way... A car was driving past... And another dog was keeping his/her eye on me!  :o
Anyway, after I bought the milk, the shopkeeper came out of the shop. And I was thinking to myself, "I didn't steal anything..." But no, for a different reason. Yup, you guessed it, my PJ's.
Maybe I should go to town now... ;)

You use the word THEN way too much. If you are going to make such a long post consider using it a little less often

Offline GRS

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 05:13:59 PM »
You use the word THEN way too much. If you are going to make such a long post consider using it a little less often

Come on mate - a tad bit harsh aren't we?

I'm sure you understood what he was trying to say

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Kangaroo X. I've had the same thing happen to me a few times too and the show off in me loved every second of it :)

Offline Kangaroo X

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 07:27:50 PM »
Sorry English-tailor :( Maybe I did use 'then' too much... And I'll try make it a bit smaller too :(

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 07:44:13 PM »
Sorry English-tailor :( Maybe I did use 'then' too much... And I'll try make it a bit smaller too :(

I didn't have a problem with the length of the post, just the over use of one word ;D

Offline freakazoid

• Elite Member
  • ( a insane person laughing is always contageous..)
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 11:27:40 AM »
lol.....hey kid if you think heelys are cool suck on these....aah theres nothing better than having something better than something else.... :D
Excue me while i try to nibble on my own ear