Author Topic: People Watching You  (Read 24008 times)

Offline x_Rave_Dave_x

• www.myspace.com/dave_5674
Re: People Watching You
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2007, 12:54:13 PM »
on the subject of police ive noticed they dont tell oyu to take them off like if you had roller blades on in the town centre or if you was riding a skate board... they just seem to see you stop look puzzled and carry on walking lol even if your doing jumps and stuff =]

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2007, 01:02:50 PM »
Police are cool. I had a police car pull over and 2 cops started quizzing me --said they had been watching me and m8s for weeks, They thought they were fun. I asked and they said they saw no H&S problems, as they did with sk8 boards  and bikes and blades.

In front of bournemouth pier had 1 car pull up and the cop lent out and started shouting 'do tricks do tricks'. Same with police support bods  really friendly. I think we are now an accepted feature of bournemouth centre. Along with the hippy drummers, parkour kids bottle jugglers ( flairing isnt it) and the like.

Only problem Ive had at times is with private security guards. But only a few times .

Offline steve76

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2007, 01:29:16 AM »
all you guys going to the london meet, you could probabaly get away with a bank job...infact try it.. im sure theyl all be more interested in you doing tricks then the loss of their money, infact how good a video would that look... everyone running through tesco's or something like that.. bock shoppin!
brilliance! :P

steve. (drunk)

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2007, 06:08:28 AM »
all you guys going to the london meet, you could probabaly get away with a bank job...infact try it.. im sure theyl all be more interested in you doing tricks then the loss of their money, infact how good a video would that look... everyone running through tesco's or something like that.. bock shoppin!
brilliance! :P

steve. (drunk)

We had a load of us shopping in Tesco's at the Cardiff meet, they didn't mind one bit and the security helped us to pay for our stuff in the express till lanes. It is the best Tesco's I have ever been into.

Offline Kanga Man

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2007, 08:38:37 AM »
I love the attention on them. Bbmthbloke, you mentioned that cops are cool. Don't come to Medway then. Police here are worse scum then the criminals. I fell over in front of 2 police officers and about 150 goth kids. The goth kids ran over to help me up and not one of them laughed. The police laughed, and when they found out I hurt myself they laughed even harder.

I'd love to meet some nice police because 20 years living in Medway has left me with the opinion that the only good police officer is a dead one.

Dark Knight

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2007, 10:14:28 AM »

I'd love to meet some nice police because 20 years living in Medway has left me with the opinion that the only good police officer is a dead one.

No police are nice ...... and the moons made from cheese  ;D
Boston police are just as bad !?  >:(

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2007, 07:02:32 PM »
I never have a problem with police, I think it all comes down to how you speak to them.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2007, 08:16:37 PM »
Well said ET
I am always polite to police and they cut you a lot of slack if your nice to them

The only time I have met an impolite policeman was the one that fell off his motorcycle chasing me (I was 17 at the time and had no idea they were trying to stop me )  ;D

I suppose that droping your bike round a corner would make anyone unhappy but he was generous he gave me my first speeding ticket 40 in an 30 limit (admitedly sideways in the rain) ;D

Offline Drezta

• bock mosh pit anyone?
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2007, 08:13:27 PM »
i'm one of 2/ maybe 3 people on the pro-jump map in the the southwest so i feel kind of nervous about going out with mine lest i do something stupid and ruin boking in Plymouth. though i'm probly just paranoid and there are more but if i am in the top 10 first i don't realy wana look a complete noob in front of all the people who never knew they were real before

(wow my first sig...)

Offline steve76

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2007, 08:25:21 PM »
yeah ahha, same with me, i dont know anyone rly in the humberside area... i know people have them... but i am yet to see them :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2007, 08:30:55 PM »
drezta  have you hooked up with kiola yet? he and his m8 jeezbo r in plymouth ( actually they do have normal names too). there is a guy called 'rubberglover' or similar on  another site  2. So get together and form a solid front.  But kiola and jeez  have been around since last year and seem to be doing good.

Offline Drezta

• bock mosh pit anyone?
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2007, 08:33:16 PM »
oh cool, no i havn't met them yet cuz mine only arrived on tuesday and iv bin learning to walk in the driveway by my house (lol@me)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:35:32 PM by Drezta »

(wow my first sig...)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2007, 08:37:06 PM »
drezta ive sent u s pvt  but i can name you 3 other active bockers in your city. So dooont worry

Msg back if u want any clarification

Offline Drezta

• bock mosh pit anyone?
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »
thanks, i looked at them map and worried a little. maybe i do deserve the newbie title a little more than i should... ;D

(wow my first sig...)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2007, 08:46:05 PM »
not every1 puts themselves on the map  equally some on the map put their PJ's on ebay long ago  :'(

Offline Drezta

• bock mosh pit anyone?
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2007, 08:50:11 PM »
 :o the shock, who would do such a thing :D

(wow my first sig...)

Offline DePaw

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2007, 10:20:42 PM »
I got stopped my some police in Liverpool street station coming out of the underground. Made me take them off too.... Was funny though cos the other came over while I was taking them off and started chatting to me about them. I really like how everyone looks at you though. But walking up an down Shenfield and Billericay highstreets today, couldn't go 5 metres without some-one cheering stopping mo to talk to them or given my funny looks. I also got my picture taken for the local paper today, walking school to pick my results up (reporter had just finished doing that story and thought I was awesome on them). Also got told off my a lady in Euston underground saying I'm not ment to wear them on the tube.

I think stakeboards, heelies, etc are more dangerous because they have wheels, so move on their own once you start off, rather than PJ's which only go where you want them... and don't fly off and hit people when you fall over.

I need to get a T-shirt that says 'NO! I can't do tricks' on it, at least for a while.... If people ask for a trick I'll tell them to do one first...

Also the ticket people hanging round the barriers at Shenfield Station asked me why I was buying tickets when I could just jump over the barriers, twice! (Once going there to Billericay then coming back again) lol. I answered 'cos I can't jump that high', lol. should've said cos it was wrong, less wimpy answer.

But people shouting from cars 'do a trick' is anoying...

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2007, 12:49:08 PM »
hear hear!! i am tempted to take my super soaker to london, and everytime someone asks me to do a trick, then they get a lil squirt!! hehe!

Offline Mike!

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2007, 01:40:09 PM »
I need to get a T-shirt that says 'NO! I can't do tricks' on it, at least for a while....

Yes! Nice idea lol.  I've been looking into getting a T-Shirt printed advertiseing an upcoming play I'm in on it, as it'd be really good publicity!
I also wounder if I could make some kind of money on them through advertiseing.. being payed to walk around town advertiseing something in some way.. :P

I keep finding myself having to assure my friends that I got them simply because I wanted them, not for attention ^.^  I've bought them to a couple of partys, but I think I'll stop doing that now, as I just end up being too distracting.

I do quite a bit in the theatre so I'm used to being on stage and having people look at me, but I'm naturally quite modest, so I end up feeling a bit awkward in public areas.. although I think screatly deep down I like the attention a bit :)
I agree with whats been said about people, there are 4 kinds: Those who stand and watch. Those who come up and ask questions. Those who shout "do a trick" / mock you etc. And those who carry on walking, pretending nothings phased them :D

Although sometimes I'm like these last people, pretending that no ones looking at me  :)

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2007, 01:53:28 PM »
Mike, where u from? i went to the panto last year (norwich) and the guy playing buttons (i think) was wearing them on stage (just for a lil bit) i was like wow!!! i have them!! hehe

Offline Mike!

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2007, 02:33:28 PM »
Haha nice. I'm from the SW, Cornwall, on the north coast. We had a Buttons in the main panto in Truro last christmas, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't wearing Projumps :)

Me and some friends are putting a play on, by ourselves, in early September.. I'm trying to think of a way of sticking Bocks in there somehow.. :P

Offline DePaw

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2007, 11:06:24 PM »
I'm having a Hallowe'en 18th Birthday party (as my birthday is Hallowe'en). Trying to think of monsters I could be with my PJs...

Btw there's a guy in america who rents his forehead out for advertising, semi-permanant tattoos on it. Gets loads cos he's first to think of it. :P

Dark Knight

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2007, 11:25:03 PM »
I'm having a Hallowe'en 18th Birthday party (as my birthday is Hallowe'en). Trying to think of monsters I could be with my PJs...

Btw there's a guy in america who rents his forehead out for advertising, semi-permanant tattoos on it. Gets loads cos he's first to think of it. :P

Simple a floating ghost, Ring Wraith ,Scarecrow , Gray alien

Offline DePaw

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2007, 11:57:02 PM »
lol. Or maybe a mutant kangaroo or is that too obvious? I like your ring wraith idea, maybe go as a reaper type creature, tall = intimidatly, with huge cleak+hood and sythe.... that'd be so neat.

Offline steve76

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2007, 02:34:00 AM »
Depaw you live in Billericay?!
haha im off to my uncles in october..
he lives in Billericay... ermm.. noak hill ?
lots of posh houses with pools and such?
golf course on the hill.. should be taking me bocks also :P
maybe see u around =P

steve.