Author Topic: ITV West Filming – Bristol Meet, Thursday 27th Jan – 12.00 pm  (Read 2525 times)

Offline spawnyb

Hi All,

I would like to make a plea for some support for an upcoming event.       
I have been talking to ITV and UK  Active Outdoors for the last week or two, as they would like to produce a couple of film segments. 

ITV West are producing films for their Local News and Events program that goes out on Friday evenings before the 6.30 evening news, where they cover a different unusual sport each week.  This week (Fri 21st) will be Para-Motoring if you want to check out the type of thing they do either on ITV West or on the ITV West website after the show.

UK Active Outdoors are assisting with this, but also want to add Bocking to their website as a new sport to promote.  They also have an HD onboard video camera that they would like someone to hold whilst doing tricks.

The filming will take place on Thursday 27th; 12.00 pm start in Bristol City centre in either Millenium Square (BS1 5DB), or just round the corner at Canon’s Marsh in front of the Lloyds Bank Building.  Both areas look very good as Bocking locations.

In case of bad weather, I have arranged for the use of a Bristol gym as back up. (ITV would pay for this)

I would really like to have someone there who would be able to do a few flips for the camera, so that we can to do the stilts full justice.  Just having me run around in the background, falling over occationally probably won’t do much to promote the sport.    :Cnah:

The Welsh Bockers have already said they are unlikely to be able to make it.

If anyone is interested in coming along to take part, or even just watch they would be most welcome.  The more the merrier. 

I know the timing is awkward with it being filmed on a week day, but that’s TV for you.  I only had the time confirmed yesterday.   Please let me know if you fancy it, and I’ll send exact details.  I am quite happy to pick people up from the train station if required.

Many Thanks

Graham
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: ITV West Filming – Bristol Meet, Thursday 27th Jan – 12.00 pm
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 07:37:22 PM »
There is still a chance I might be able to make this, I hope so anyway.

If I do make it I will advise that the on board camera be used for something else. It's been done before a few times and it really doesnt work with bocking.

Anyone interested and available to get to Bristol next thursday lunchtime?

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:59:24 PM »
Depending on how things go with offsted i should be able to come, be by train so would take you up on the lift from the station,  as you know i dont flip  :Ctwitcy: so can do few tricks will try my best to make this  :Cwink:

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:06:16 PM »
Cheers Clive, that would be great if were able, and yes, getting you from the Station will be no problem.  The site is only about 5 mins from the station anyway.

The stuff you normaly do would be great to show off something more technical than me. lol

Locky,  The other thing I thought of for the cam could be someone kneeling down with it, and someone else jumping over them?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:21:28 PM by spawnyb »

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 02:23:07 PM »
Thanks for all the initial interest.  Looking a lot more promissing now.

Cheers Guys

Offline bendover90

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 04:47:54 PM »
graham, tbh mate this is gonna be tight for me, ive got so many meets up and coming i think im gonna have to pass regretably :(

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »
Ok Ben, no worries.  Thanks for the thought anyway.

Graham

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 04:31:39 PM »
Hi all,

Just thought I'd put up one last reminder for anyone in or around Bristol this Thursday at 12.00 pm, to pop along to the Millenium Square for a couple of hours.

Please feel Free to just turn up and have some fun.

Outdoors if its dry - Millenium Square - BS1 5DB

The Park Gym (in Knowle) if it's wet - BS4 1DQ

Graham