Author Topic: from 7 leagues to pro-jumps (maybe sj's)  (Read 3749 times)

Offline Birt

from 7 leagues to pro-jumps (maybe sj's)
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:18:35 AM »
i'm going to buy stilts with stronger springs. my 7 league T-rex are too soft for me. i'm nearly 80kg and my technique isn't that good that i can bottom out while jumping but i can do it fairly easy when running hard and that's pretty annoying. i haven't tested any other stilts than 7leagues and powerisers but i like what i see with the new springs on the exo's.

so i'm wondering what kind of spring i need (i find it harder because i already have stilts and know what i don't want...) i might spend some more money and buy quantums but i'm having my doubts about the extra cost since i don't have much time to use them. i would buy them if i had the opportunity to bock every day.

anyone else had 7leagues before exo's?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: from 7 leagues to pro-jumps (maybe sj's)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:34:13 PM »
Many of the welsh bockers, Q (Bmthbloke), Jason and a few others should be able to help you.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:39:54 PM »
I have had a few trys on 7's over the years and sadly due to my weight I could bottom them at will

I can't remember all the names but the first set I tried were the heavier set of the R's/X's and they went back to the dealer as he had said they were suitable for my weight and when he saw me bottom them he gave me a refund

I then has a go on the next spring they bought out (don't remember the name ) Clive had bought them and was finding them a bit dead
I must say they were a step back and very unresponsive

I understand they have bought out another spring but didn't bother to try as a mate who it a very good bocker and has a spring breaking tendancy said he bottomed them at will

Older PJ springs were always a bit faster feeling to me and I prefer that also they were higher weights

The new Exo springs that I have had (2 pairs) have been the best springs I have ever used

So to sum up I have used both and at the moment I feel that the Exo's are a much better stilt and spring all round

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 12:08:06 AM »
Yeah virtually all the welshbockers were on 7's (from raptors to S rex) and now 5 of us are on exo's and those remaining on 7's are either not very active bockers or cant afford new stilts at the moment.

Personally, I would very much recommend the exo pro's if only because they are so much lighter. You really feel it when bouncing hard and the lighter stilts seem to give you extra confidence or ability to contol the bounce a little more, specifically the landing on each jump and how much downward force/power you are able to use.
While we were testing the exo's we had 1 pair of the pros which 3 of us used to fight over. I remember at a festival last year I had to put my 7's on (T rex's which I could bottom out easily but not every bounce) and vowed never to wear them again. They were noisey, they were clunky and they were heavy. They felt disgusting.

I cant say the exo's are perfect in every way and neither were 7's but a lot of time has been spent on the exo's before selling them and I truly believe they offer the best value for money on the market today.

If you can bottom out T Rex's with ease I would recommend an 80 or 90kg spring on the exo's.
However if you have the money you could do what I am doing - I have a pair of exo's on the lighter end and plan on getting a pair of springs on the next size up. I'm not sure what the cost of a pair of extra springs are but I'm sure if you compare the price of Exo's and an extra set of springs to the price of a pair of 7's, there wont be a lot of difference.

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 04:19:27 AM »
If the replacement spring pricing is similar to in the united states. It costs about $170 for a pair. That is from powerstrider or airtrekker.

There the same springs you guys use. But I dunno what the price ends up being over there.
Leader of the

Offline Birt

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »
locky i'm 80kg, shouldn't i get 90's or even 100's then? or are the weight ranges different from the older model?
also i cannot bottom out my stilts while jumping (sometimes i do but not a lot). but i like to run with big strides and that way i bottom out on every step since all the weight goes on one stilt.