Author Topic: Exo Pro Question  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Kanga Man

Exo Pro Question
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:28:43 PM »
I have a pair of the ProJump's original model of stilts. I am considering buying a set of the Exo Pro stilts but I have a couple of concerns.

In the original model all of the joints had these two circular brass fittings which plugged into either end of the metal tube running through the joint to hold it in place. This part has unfortunately been downgraded to plastic so now it takes only a tenth of the time for me to wear through them meaning I either have to buy them in bulk or accept that my stilts will be out of commission a lot while I wait for replacements to arrive.

Do the new Exo Pro stilts use the same joint system or are they more efficient? Do they require less frequent replacing of parts?

My second concern regards the knee cuff. How secure are the cuffs on the new Exo Pro stilts? Has anyone had any problems with the clamps on them? I love the idea of the cuffs but I'm not willing to risk my knees. Anyone else have any issues with them?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Exo Pro Question
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:39:52 PM »
Hey Kanga Man, the Exo Pro have undergone a long test period, the guys that were testing them did so for over 6 months and in that time they didnt need to replace them. This does all depend on how you are using them and if you are a frequent user I would suggest keeping them maintained well and change them 2 - 3 times a year. The Quick Release metal clamps have also been tested to the max and no failures as yet.

I have to reiterate though that these stilts are not service free, the better you look after them the more you will get from them and the longer they will last.