Author Topic: Slowly getting the hang of this..  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Strayed

Slowly getting the hang of this..
« on: February 05, 2011, 05:55:03 PM »
So,

I've had my stilts about a week now. I've been on them 1-2 hours a day.

I can keep my balance, walk quite comfortably, Even break into a small jog.
I can jump from one foot to another.

My question is:
My Bocks still feel quite firm. I know I won't have anywhere near perfect technique yet. But are they like say, a new pair of shoes? Do they require 'Breaking in'?
If so, are there any exercises you would recommend?
I'm having a lot of fun, and don't expect to be pro or anything by the ned of the next week, but I'm just curious to know if there is any magic routines or tips out there that will get me on the right path.

PS, I've noticed my left leg/knee is much weaker than my right, do Knee braces have any impact...be it positive or negative?

Thanks in Advance.

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
Re: Slowly getting the hang of this..
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 06:00:40 PM »
Jumping stilts springs do have a break in period. But from with a new user. It's even greater because you need to learn to really use and compress them.

I can break in springs within a few hours. But I nearly bottom most of my jumps so it's quicker for me.

So you know, non broken in springs feel pretty stiff almost like walking on boards or something. When you've broken them in. They'll flex slightly with every step.

you'll probably take a bit to wear them in. But work on your technique. When you've got it down you could try jumping off some ledges to help soften them up a bit quicker or something.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 06:08:10 PM by XDvandalDJ »
Leader of the

Offline JCDenton

Re: Slowly getting the hang of this..
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 07:29:37 PM »
Check the tutorial section, some great tips there.